View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 04:34 PM   #228
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calis View Post
Where do we stand on Jimmy Butler now?

Reading about the antics today and initially thought what an ass, but the more I read it sounds sort of awesome. I like that rather than just sitting out, he went..dominated, and was vocal about it. I mean, it is a great story but I don't know if the reasoning behind it is valid at all.

Is this guy a diva? Or is he just completely hellbent on competing and has zero patience for people not like that? Or both?

Both?

I mean isn't he the guy who:

1. did not want to go through the pains of rebuilding with the Bulls and was enough of a malcontent that they had to trade him.

2. went to a team with two overall #1 picks and could not get them past the first round as leader guy and is once again trying to force his way out of town.

3. is reportedly trying to make his way to a team with very little chance of winning (Heat or Clippers) but can pay him the max immediately and would be better for his brand.

I am not saying that the above is a fair representation of Butler. I am saying it could be. I am also saying a guy like Paul George (fellow all NBA'er in 2018) got ripped for less.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is online now   Reply With Quote