View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 07:41 PM   #52
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Got hooked into this one:

JUMP SERVE - College Volleyball Simulation Game

Womens' college volleyball sim. Very simple and basic. No strategy involved other than one-click recruiting and then selecting your final 8 players on tryout day.

Yet it's oddly addicting. I took UNLV from Mountain West bottom feeder to Elite 8 team by my 5th season.

Starting my 6th year now and it should be my best one. Kelly Sousa, a junior, is my first ever All-American. There's also Olubunmi Iisakka, another junior who is the only player in my tenure to be All-Conference all three seasons she's played... not even Sousa did that. We have a couple other All-Conference players. One's a senior who got her first nod there. The other is Sheeka Demars, a sophomore I thought could have made it her freshman season.

This might finally be the season we knock off the BYU behemoth. They've won the conference every single year so far, although one season, #4 I think, they won a tiebreaker with Wyoming. The Pokes were the #2 power in the conference for most of six years, but last season they regressed to a mid-tier team.

San Diego State, on the other hand, has stayed a bottom feeder. I don't think they've even broken .500, which would be 7-7, yet.

Oh and just to recap my notes

Code:
Year 1: 5-9 2009 Year 2: 5-9 2010 Year 3: 7-7 2011 Year 4: Erin Phillips (JR) All-Conference Olubunmi Iisakka (FR) All-Conference 11-3 2012 - Made it to NCAA Tournament Ranked #33 #38 UNLV - 10 seed in Midwest Region @ 7 seed USC Upset #7 seed USC 3-0 2nd round @ 2 seeed Mississippi Valley State Lost @ MVSU 0-3 MVSU made it to Championship - L to 1 seed LSU Amy Martinez - Jump Serve Volleyball HoF 270 hits, 130 block/dig, 49 serve, 125 error Contract extended to 2014 Year 5: First season - no walk-ons Erin Phillips (SR) All-Conference Olumbunmi Iisakka (SO) All-Conference Kelly Sousa (SO) All-Conference 12-2 2012 - Beat everyone in conference excepted undefeated BYU #30 rank - NCAA Tournament #32 UNLV - 8 seed in East Region vs 9 seed Texas Beat #9 seed Texas 3-0 2nd round @ #1 seed Hampton Upset #1 seed Hampton 3-2!!!! 25-22 final set the closest Sweet 16 vs #4 seed Idaho Upset #4 seed Idaho 3-1!!!! Elite 8 vs #3 seed Gardener-Webb Lost to #3 seed G-W 3-1 - beaten soundly last two games Contract extended to 2017 Jacyln Stern - JSVHOF 323 hits, 91 block/dig, 117 serve,223 error Year 6: Suzanne Passman (SR) All-Conference Olubunmi Iisakka (JR) All-Conference Kelly Sousa (JR) All-American!!! Sheeka Demars (SO) All-Conference

Year 6 yet to be played of course.

AWESOME AWESOME game! I played as WVU and won it all in 2015 as a 6 seed coming off undefeated season, but never had o play someone higher than 3. Took out 11 and 13 to get to Sweet Sixteen, then a lower seed to get out and a 4 and 3 in the Final Four and Championship[. Got lucky with that. I had two All Americans and four ALl Conference, but still quite lucky I think.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote