Old 02-20-2013, 06:38 PM   #15
BYU 14
Coordinator

TV – World Championship Wrestling on TBS
Saturday Week 2, February 1983
Louisville, KY
Attendance 6,500 (sell out)

Backstage

Buzz Sawyer is up to his usual antics, getting into a heated argument with the Spoiler after he causes damage to his rental car. I tell Buzz this is his last chance and I will fire him if it happens again. He replies with a terse, “OK, whatever.”

We go to Kentucky for our weekly TV show and will be welcoming Gene Anderson back as a wrestler.

Pre-Show

In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, Gene Anderson drew with Thunderbolt Patterson in 10:00 when the time limit expired. (D) (Decent scrap between the veterans)

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Tito Santana defeated Jake Roberts in 7:50 by disqualification. (C-)

Before we go on air Solie puts over the fact that we'll be seeing Roddy Piper take on Ron Garvin in the main event. “Katie bar the door, this will be a real pier sixer!” (C+)

Main Show

In an extremely short match, The Spoiler defeated Mike Starbuck in 4:37 by pinfall with a Piledriver. (E+)

The Assassins have an interview with Solie in which Assassin 1 claims they are not worthy of being champions. “Wrestling I and II, you know that we are your physical and intellectual superiors, yet you continue to dodge us, escape with cheap wins and employ every other type of debauchery you can to retain your coveted belts. Well we want another shot at the National Belts and we want it to be subject to our parameters….and we are not moving until Barnett gets out here and grants our wishes!” (C-) Jim Barnett comes out and as he begins to speak Michael Hayes & Terry Gordy appear from out of the crowd, with Hayes grabbing the stick. “Now just hold on a doggoned minute here……And no, you have not seen a couple of ghosts. Barnett, you know we are regarded as the greatest team to ever hold the Georgia Tag Team Titles. We have traveled the world and brought Bad Street to the masses. Now we are here again and I think you know what we want……We kicked Wrestling I and II’s butts before and we deserve the shot to get done what these clowns can’t do. Win the titles and is we can’t do it, we will leave Georgia and never come back.” Barnett ponders the offers and grants the match to The Freebirds with a special stipulation. “You get your match Hayes and it will be a loser leave town match.” Hayes tries to backpedal on that stipulation, but it is too late. The Assassins are furious. (D)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Jimmy Valiant defeated Jesse Barr in 8:46 by pinfall with a Boogie Woogie Elbow Drop. (D) Paul Orndorff is watching from the back and Valiant sees him and begins to taunt him about the outcome of their last match. “Paula baby, I beat you last Wednesday because you have to cheat to beat the boogie woogie man. Big girls don’t cry so wipe those eyes baby and kiss the boots of the man so fine and so devine….the boogie woogie man Jimmy V!” Orndorff charges the ring and the men brawl all the way to the back. (C-)

Masked Superstar comes to the ring and challenges Steve Keirn to a match. “Keirn, you want to interject yourself in my business and the business of my employer Larry Zbyszko? How about you let me interject my foot to a place where the sun doesn’t shine with the Georgia TV title at stake?” (C)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Ole Anderson & Stan Hansen defeated Bob & Brad Armstrong in 9:56 when Ole Anderson defeated Brad Armstrong by pinfall. (C-) Bob & Brad Armstrong are preparing to leave the ring, when Anderson & Hansen attack, not content to merely win they lay Bob Armstrong and Brad Armstrong out. Tommy Rich and Tito Santana come out from the back, hit the ring, and clean house, sending Ole and Stan scampering for cover. (C) (Hansen came off well and Rich stole the segment)

Steve Keirn appears and says that he accepts the challenge laid down by Masked Superstar. “You want a piece of me? Well bring it on because I don’t run from any man, especially cowards like you and your boss who can’t even fight your own battles. In fact we can do this right now!” (D+)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Masked Superstar defeated Steve Keirn in 11:47 by pinfall with a Running Clothesline after James J. Dillon distracted the referee and Larry Zbyszko interfered. Masked Superstar wins the Georgia Television title. (C-)

A video plays hyping our main event between Roddy Piper vs. Ron Garvin. (C+)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Roddy Piper defeated Ron Garvin in 16:34 by submission after interference from Buzz Sawyer. (D+) (Garvin was off his game tonight)

Overall rating: C- (increased popularity in 9 regions, slipped again in 2)

TV Rating: 1.29 (a slight jump up from 1.22)

Thoughts: Well, thought we had a great show building until the main event completely blew. It is becoming apparent that I need to lose some of the negative personalities on this roster as there should be no other reason we can’t pull B matches out of the guys on top. D+ is just unacceptable for a main event, especially between wrestlers the caliber of Piper and Garvin. Masked Superstar was a bright spot and I feel he could make a nice run with the TV strap.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote