View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 04:51 PM   #27
JPhillips
General Manager

If you enjoy it, good for you. For me, though, I see a show that was very carefully crafted in season one look thrown together in season two. I'm sure a lot of the problem is that season one told a complete story and it's hard to follow up on that.

In season one everything revolved around Westworld, the creating, populating, operating, planning, etc. All of the questions revolved around Westworld, Arnold/Bernard, Wyatt, man in black, android consciousness, and most of all, Ford. If this is just one of six parks, it all matters a lot less. If Ford was operating them all, the Wyatt story is less interesting. The corporation story is less interesting if Westworld is only a piece of a larger company. They certainly made it sound like it was the sole money maker. Why wouldn't the corporation mention the profits/losses of the other five parks?

Yes, I could go on and on. For me, it appears they broke a lot of logical lines just to add tigers and samurai. Cool, but ultimately less satisfying than a really good and thought provoking season one.