View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 01:53 AM   #1020
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Rip Oliver won the AWA TV Title from Arn Anderson. This is Oliver's 1st championship outside of the Pacific Northwest promotion.

-In what may turn out to be an interesting move, I bring in Jim Ross for $1,850/show. That's $750/show cheaper than what I pay Lance Russell, and Ross is pretty close in talent. They have the same (very high) microphone, charisma, and announcing skills, though Russell has considerably higher star quality and locker room respect. I'm not going to fire Russell just yet, because I hate to burn that bridge, I'd rather have him go away for a while after his contract is up so I can possibly bring him back later (unfortunately, I just recently re-signed him, and he still has 248 days left on his contract. I'll have to decide exactly how to split the work between them. This is bad news for Bill Mercer, who almost definitely won't be re-signed when his contract his up in 64 days.

-An interesting note about Ross - he comes in as a default heel - and his heel and face ratings are identical. So I'll leave him as a heel announcer.

-Michael (AKA Corporal) Kirchner, and Mike Kelly are hyped in the dirt sheets as a future star.

-Richard Charland defeated Bad News Allen for Stampede Wrestling's British Commonwealth Mid-Heavyweight Championship (that promotion's mid-card title). Allen had held the title since last October.

-Hercules Ayala and Carlos Colon won the WWC World Tag Team Championship for the 3rd time.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote