View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 10:03 PM   #1023
molson
General Manager

June Star Wars Thought

-This was a good show to get back on the wagon with

-Gary Hart's two challengers both got wins, but couldn't take the gold. I haven't used that finish in championship matches too often in this dynasty, so Gary Hart will definitely have some kind of reaction to this going forward.

-David/Masked Superstar exceeded my expectations, and they blew away their Parade of Champions Match.

-Kamala's match against Mendoza was also very good - it was Kamala's 14th 1-on-1 match during this WCCW run, and it was only the second to reach B+ (the first was with the now-departed Leon White). Mendoza was definitely positioned as the underdog here, and he had the humility to know it.

-Kevin Sullivan might be the top heel in the company right now though - he scores an A+ match and win against Dory Funk Jr., and he has also apparently found the new stable that he was looking for. I have big plans for Sullivan/Saito/Pogo and their upcoming interactions with Antonio Inoki. This was Sullivan's 2nd 3rd A+ match with WCCW (the previous two came against Terry Funk, and Arturo Mendoza). It's definitely good to see Dory Funk Jr. bring it to this degree.

-The whole Saint/Rocco/Mike/Loch Ness thing, while not highly-rated, was pretty interesting, and all 4 guys are on the way up in WCCW. Saint got to develop his character a bit tonight, being able to man up and face Mike despite being squashed earlier by Loch Ness. I have a few plans for Loch Ness - obviously he needs a manager. I would love to bring in Lord Alfred Hayes to manage him, and perhaps also Mark Rocco, but Hayes hasn't been willing to talk with me yet.

-The parking lot brawl ended the latest chapter of the Freebird/Von Erich saga. This was a decisive and bloody win for Kerry, who hasn't had a huge amount of highlights during this dynasty.

-Big John Studd has a stunning clean win over Baron Von Raschke. I was very pleased with the B rating, considering Studd only managed a C with Dory Funk Jr a few weeks ago. Hart's stable is looking very strong

-This show was also beneficial considering who didn't appear, and where we saved money. No Inoki, no Sheepherders, Akbar, Koloff, Eaton, Ware.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote