View Single Post
Old 09-17-2021, 10:43 AM   #1168
CarterNMA
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
Requesting screenshots of your team's history

Imagine a straight line at a 45 degree angle, upwards. I started in Conference South and won it the first year. Then each year I won the league I was in up to the Championship. I'm two games into my first year in the Premier League. Yes, I have a sugardaddy. :-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21C View Post
I just checked my FM 2017 history and have 4776 hours on it. So I see you and raise you on that "no life".

Took my English level 22 Heath Rangers to the Premier League.

I play very slowly... Each month I track progress in a spreadsheet, make notes about position acquisition. I also play around with the U23 and U13 squads so the youngsters get training in the positions I'm trying to get them to learn.

When playing FOF my favorite part was the draft. And in FM it's youth intake day that I get the most excited about.

I think I'll play this team until the end of the 2019/2020 season and then painstakingly try to recreate the team in the FM21 database. I tried playing FM21 back in January but I missed my team from FM14. But FM21 has a better team dynamics model and more player roles and I really like the whole player familiarity thing when two players play next to each other a lot.

Some of the cool things I've noticed with player development:
Random emails about players spontaneously having life-changing events. I had a newgen striker who looked awesome but his Det was only 9 and I don't have any mentors available for him. Boom! "An off-field event..." His Det shot up to 19! So flipping cool.
My starting left DC had a shit game in our second EPL match. 6.3 rating where everyone else was in the 7s. I gave him an official warning, which he accepted and the next day his Det jumped from 14 to 15. (He's a Model Professional so I'm sure that helped.)
Getting my son in youth intake. He's my first Wunderkind and has the potential to be World Class.
First youth intake day getting a GK who is ambidextrous and has a Driven personality.
Second youth intake day I got a DR who was slow but had amazing Teamwork, Passing and Technique. I started training him to be a Regista and he was Natural in 48 games.
CarterNMA is offline   Reply With Quote