View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 05:24 PM   #4
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

Draft day:

Big event at the conference hall in the local police station. Despite the fact I have been here many times, my stomach is a mess. I fully believe this might be a bad day for me.

As the draft begins, I see the A's start to drop off my list. Zamir goes to the Bears, uh oh, already a good team. The Raiders, who already had talent with 4 great players, pull top lineman to block for them. My initial strategy, pulled off by the Raiders perfectly. But.... I am noticing every few picks or so, a coach picking a player we have rated a D, and in some odd cases, even an F. I start believing I might get 1 or dare I dream 2 "B" linemen. Sweat begins to drip off of me, as my assistant kicks me in the shin after every pick and wispers, "We're going to get one". I know I need 4 but right now, 1 is like a gift from heaven.

Cardinals pick a C player and suddenly, there I am, up on the draft board, waiting to pick. I know already who I want. 10 year old Brandon, 5'2 130 pounds with 2 years experience and rated a B. YES!!

Serpentine back to me. Hmmm. Another 10 yr old "B" rated player, Scott at 5'0 - 120 pounds. I'll take it. Starting lineman and DE on the A bracket champions last year. Ok!!

9th round, I have a B- player on my sheet, Jackson, 10yrs old, at 4'9, 125. I now have 4 lineman above 120. All rated as B's. Right now, I have 9 players, all 10 years old, with at least a year under their belt playing. I am cautiously pleased.

Next up, the team.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote