View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 03:30 AM   #1
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

(signup/Interest) OOTP 13 "Random Debut" Historical League

This is a sign-up sheet for a "random debut" fictional historical league:

Things to be decided on:

1) Starting year: I suggested 1955, as that gives us a good range of different eras to go through (the big hitters of the 50's and early 60's, the big pitching era of the mid-late 60's etcetera)

2) Size of League: I would suggest that we keep it relatively small: My preference would be one of the following:

a)12 teams: (either 2 6 team leagues, or 1 big 12 team league, if it's 2 six team leagues I suggest only having the World Series, if it's one big twelve team league, either the top two or four make the playoffs.

b)16 team leagues (either two 8 team leagues, or two eight team leagues with two divisions of four in each league). If it's straight eight team leagues, I suggest top two in each league make playoffs, if it's two four team divisions per league, I suggest division champions make playoffs)

c)20 team league (suggested four five team divisions, with either two or four play off teams per league, but we could do big 10 team leagues if suggested)

I would suggest that the better way to handle things is without divisions, so folks can take over a team and move them without having to mess around with divisions, (for example, if the New York Legends owner quit and the new owner wanted to put it in LA, we wouldn't have LA in the east)

3) Rules:

a) Roster rules: 25 man main roster, with AAA (not requiring it to be complete). I personally would like DH rule on, but will go with majority.

b) Forty Man Roster: I suggest we turn 40 man rule off.

c) Financials: Hopefully, it's possible to import financial modifiers for the appropriate year, while removing the reserve rule (so that players whose contracts expire become free agents, rather then be bound to the same team year after year) this is to prevent bad teams from being unable to rebuild

If interested, post team name: (Please, keep it semi-realistic and respectful.

1. SirFozzie, Boston Gold Sox (Commish?)
2. Chubby, New York Ponzis
3. PurdueBrad, Pittsburgh Predators
4. cartman, Texas Wildcatters
5. ChiefRum, Los Angeles Desperados
6. Johnny93g, Toronto Maple Leafs
7. dfisher, Philadelphia Athletics
8. Vince, Part II, Willow Glen Wreckers
9. spleen1015, Indianapolis 500's
10. mauboy1, Wausau Werewolves
11. kingfc22, San Francisco Seals
12. BigFo, Hilton Head Hurricanes
---Cut off for 12 team league---
13. TLK, Detroit Demolition
14.henry296, Unknown Unknowns
---Cut off for 16 team league---

Last edited by SirFozzie : 04-13-2012 at 07:59 PM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote