View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 08:06 PM   #63
StLee
High School Varsity

Part One: Jeremy Naquin, the linebacker

Jeremy’s Journal
October 9, 2027

Thankfully I have a Saturday where I get to sit at home and enjoy the day! I know my home folks are still on Friday, but your weekend will be here soon! It’s too bad our game and LSU’s game conflicts this week because I have a feeling most of you are going to be paying more attention to L’il Josh rather than me! And I guess most of you are at Travis’ game right now.

Anyway, I am pumped about this week because I’m pretty sure we can grab a victory if we keep our heads in the game. Coach Weber told me he was going to try to work me in a little more this week as a reward for my solid play when I was on the field last week. Before I forget, the helmets!

vs

That’s right! We have a home game against the Brisbane Admirals, another of our division rivals. Last year Brisbane was terrible, but a lot of people thought they were going to take the division this season. (August 31, 2027, journal) Instead, Brisbane remains as terrible, if not worse than they were last season.

I mentioned earlier in my journal that Shaun DeBoer was drafted by Brisbane. As the third overall pick, there were huge expectations for him to come in and make a difference right away. Let me consult WSAFLopolis for how he’s done. And . . . not bad, but certainly not good! He has 9 tackles, 3 assists, 4 QB hurries, and a fumble forced. And Mr. Division B Sack Master has ZERO sacks so far this season. I hope it stays that way after Sunday!

As far as the team is concerned, Brisbane is the bottom in a lot of categories. Let’s see…
On offense, they are dead last in rushing a 63.8 yards per game. They make up for that by throwing the ball a lot. Their QB Jessie Armstrong has thrown for 719 yards in three games. They also have a former first-round pick QB, Fitzhugh, riding the bench. Overall, they are 9th in passing offense and 18th in total offense.

Their defense is terrible, definitely statistically worse than us. They are 24th against the run, 32nd against the pass (over 350 yards per game!), and 32 overall in yards allowed and points allowed. If Pete and the boys on offense don’t get it done this week, I don’t know who else they can score on.

The crazy thing is that Brisbane has a solid line. Their best player is their LT Dylan Pettit. He’s been WSAFL 1st and 2nd team before at LT. I actually went to school with his cousin, Blake, who plays baseball for the Demons. Blake and I were classmates in the physiology department, so I remember him talking a lot about his cousin. I forgot he played for Brisbane, though.

This week we cut DE Mo Jamison and signed OG Preston Bramsnaes. Bramsnaes is a veteran in the league, and he’ll definitely help shore up our line.

Overall, though, I think we're going to overpower the Admirals. And I am shooting for my first big play (as in forcing a turnover) of the season! Book it!
Attached Images
File Type: bmp ban11.bmp (87.9 KB, 38 views)
File Type: bmp ban28.bmp (87.9 KB, 38 views)

Softball in Korea 1 and 2: http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...softball+korea + http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=83736

Last edited by StLee : 03-10-2011 at 08:08 PM.
StLee is offline   Reply With Quote