View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 07:02 PM   #67
StLee
High School Varsity

Part One: Jeremy Naquin, the linebacker

Jeremy’s Journal
October 18, 2027

We finally got our first road win of the season, and it’s going to be really helpful since 6 of our next 7 games are home games. We’re now even at 3-3 on the season, and we got the season sweep over Melbourne, so we beat them in all tiebreakers should the division or playoffs come down to the two of us. The game was close, but we came out on top, 24-20.

I finished with 4 tackles, an assist, and a pass defensed. I still have yet to cause a turnover, but I just need to be patient. Good things will come . . . soon! Here are my plays:

1-10-MEL48 (1Q: 07:56) Dominic Hilliard ran outside the right tackle for 5 yards. Tackled by S Terrell Bottoms, assisted by OLB Jeremy Naquin. Key block delivered by Freddie Faherty.

I was actually assigned to blitz on this play, which I did. Hilliard got the ball coming to my side, and cut it in when he saw me, I couldn’t get to him, but Bottoms was there to hold him up and I came in to help finish the play. Nice call and run by MK there.

1-10-MEL16 (2Q: 10:25) Max Stoffel pass completed to TE Norm Burroughs for 11 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin, assisted by OLB Eric Grabowski. Burroughs gained 9 yards after the catch.

I dropped into a zone coverage, and Stoffel dumped it to the TE. He’s a big and lumbering man, so I hit him and held on for dear life, about 7 yards downfield. He was dragging me, but Big Eric helped finish off the play.

1-10-AUC39 (2Q: 07:52) Max Stoffel pass completed to WR Perry Henderson for 6 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin. The receiver ran his route right over the middle of the field.

Again Stoffel dumped it off. This time I was there waiting for the WR and hit him and took him down right away.

3-17-AUC36 (2Q: 05:28) Max Stoffel pass fell incomplete, intended for WR Tommy Garrett. OLB Jeremy Naquin defended the pass.

We had MK in a 3rd and long, so we dropped deep in coverage. Stoffel tried to get it under and hope the WR could catch and run, but I was sitting right there and swatted it away. There was no chance I could intercept the ball, I could only get a few fingers on it.

1-4-AUC04 (4Q: 14:41) Max Stoffel pass completed to TE Danny Sellers for 3 yards. The receiver went out of bounds. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin.

Here’s another of those TD saving plays I made. Stoffel went into play action and the TE Sellers was fading into the flat. I saw him make the break because he didn’t attempt to block me. Stoffel threw a good pass, but I rode the TE out of bounds at the one. However, the next play Stoffel called the QB sneak and got the TD to give MK the lead in the 4th, 20-17. That was their second rushing TD of the game on us. I was sure we could keep them out of the endzone for most of the game, but we did gave up two rushing TDs. Still, our offense was good enough to win it.

1-10-MEL01 (4Q: 06:13) Dominic Hilliard ran inside the left guard for 0 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin, assisted by OLB Eric Grabowski. DT Sam Packard knocked down Leroy Hass to break up the play.

We were up 24-20 at this point and trying to hang on to the lead. We had just punted and Bright Light, being the great rookie addition he’s been, downed the ball on the ONE! On the first play, MK tried to run the ball just left of the center on my side. I was playing in tight, with Big Eric manning the middle. You’re probably wondering why Big Eric was playing MLB, but Pauley’s out and Svercek got banged up, so we didn’t have a MLB. As you can see in the PbP, Sam Packard, the big man up front just blew up their OG Hass on the snap. I went right in behind him and popped Hilliard in the mouth. Eric was in to help clean it up.

Softball in Korea 1 and 2: http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...softball+korea + http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=83736
StLee is offline   Reply With Quote