View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 07:56 PM   #68
StLee
High School Varsity

Part One: Jeremy Naquin, the linebacker

Jeremy’s Journal
October 23, 2027

This week we take on the London Legends, one of two teams we play this season with a Knights logo. In my opinion, London’s color scheme and logo looks better than the Toronto Knights’ helmet.

Speaking of helmets, there’s been some buzz that there may be a franchise moving, along with some other changes. Supposedly there was a league pact it made with the 32 cities. There is some interest for old NFL cities to get back into the WSAFL league, but there is nothing for sure yet. I know three cities once hosted NFL games, long before I was born: Los Angeles, Memphis, and Milwaukee. It’s too bad the old NFL folded. After there was some kind of problem (can’t remember what it was) in about 2010, the whole league folded. The WSAFL was still like a minor league then, but thanks to the NFL blowing up, now the WSAFL is the premier professional football league.

I always wondered why no players from that league came to play in this league, but I heard it was because the owners held onto their contracts and blocked it. I guess it was good for some of the old stars in the WSAFL. If the NFL players were allowed to play in this league, then the NFL players might have knocked some solid players out. Instead, there were some small leagues around the world formed, and some of the players went there to finish their playing days.

Back to our game, we play the Legends (4-2). The great thing about them for our defense is that they are dead last in rushing at 68 yards per game. Their passing game is a bit better, ranking 8th in the league. Overall, their offense is 16th. Their defense is kind of the opposite. They’re good against the run, but they stink against the pass. They’re 4th in rushing defense and 25th in passing defense, good enough for 16th overall. So they’re a middle of the road team.

Their QB is a former first overall draft pick out of Iowa State, Conrad Lieberman. Dude, people started naming their kids some ridiculous names at some point. Conrad? That sounds like a military general or some shit. Well, Gen. Conrad hasn't lived up to his number one status. And he’s out for our game… hyperextended elbow. Apparently he got hurt last week in their loss and couldn’t finish the game. We knew that and prepared for their starter this week, a second-year guy, Travis Givens. He wasn’t too hot in the game last week: 43% completions and 2 INTs. This week might be fun!!!

Their leading running back is another first-round pick who has been pretty terrible, Lenny Kryzanowski (did I spell that right???). He has 260 yards rushing this season and has only rushed for 1000 yards twice in his career. The first time was six years ago in his rookie year, and he did it again last year.

Their TEs don’t do much as far as catching is concerned. They have 18 catches total as a unit. Their WRs drop a lot of balls. Like I said, this week might be fun!

On defense, their leader is second-year man Wade Toomer at the Sam. He’s the player I wish I could be and will probably make a few WSAFL All-Pro teams. This season he has 38 tackles and 3 INTs so far. He’s a guy who will be in the backfield terrorizing running backs and QBs and drop in coverage to break up a pass or pick one. Pete had better be careful how he handles Mr. Toomer.

The game is tomorrow. Are you ready? I am!!!

vs
Attached Images
File Type: bmp ban11.bmp (87.9 KB, 32 views)
File Type: bmp ban84.bmp (87.9 KB, 32 views)

Softball in Korea 1 and 2: http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...softball+korea + http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=83736
StLee is offline   Reply With Quote