View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 11:05 PM   #2
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

This custom league is built on top of a custom Channel Islands league that some guy at neoseeker built. It was the perfect Neloxia spinoff setup, so I just edited it heavily, moving his teams to the 4th and 5th Laurinca divisions and creating all new teams for the Top 3 leagues.

I actually had the league names as something different during my testing, before returning them to their original names. As such, here's the breakdown of the Laurican football pyramid.

LAURINCA FOOTBALL PYRAMID
The top three leagues are the Laurinca Series 1, 2 and 3 respectively. There's a Series 4 and 5, but neither of those leagues promote into the 3rd league and are largely amateur teams. Like Neloxia, all wins are worth 5 points.

SERIES ONE: 12 teams playing 22 games before splitting the league into two. Then the teams all play each other once more and the chips fall where they may. No playoffs in this league, team with the most points is the champion. Three teams get relegated at the end of the season.

SERIES TWO: 12 teams in this league, playing each other twice. Top three teams get promoted, bottom three get relegated.

SERIES THREE 10 team league, teams play each other twice. Top two teams automatically get promoted, the 3rd and 4th place teams play a two-leg promotion playoff to the 2nd Series.

As I mentioned earlier, there is no promotion/relegation past the 3rd Series.

CUPS
Laurinca FA Cup is comprised all of the teams from the 1st through 5th Series.
Laurinca League Cup is a group secondary cup for teams from the Series One. Laurinca Shield is a competition for teams from the Series 2, 3, 4 and eight teams from Series 5.
Laurinca Super Cup takes the winner of the League Cup against the winner of the Shield.

No one cares about the secondary competitions and most Neloxian clubs just use it as a chance for their youth teams to get work, save for teams outside of the top division, of course.

What teams are those, you ask? We'll profile the various squads of Laurinca that you should know, talk a bit about demographics and possible link your favorite Neloxian squad with your new favorite Laurin side in this dynasty.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote