View Single Post
Old 02-09-2015, 03:09 PM   #2
Radii
Head Coach

Something I found funny going into orientation tonight. I signed up for this program January 9th. I got a form e-mail welcoming me to the program, telling me to show up at some building on UNC's campus on February 9th for orientation.

No new info was received until Thursday night, where the guy running our class sent out a short welcome e-mail, telling us he's looking forward to meeting everyone, what items we may consider bringing/whats provided there. The doors lock at 6pm, they can't control that, so please try to be a little early. At the end is a casual mention of the address and the parking situation. The address is different from the one in the only official correspondence received so far.

I e-mail the guy asking about it, getting an e-mail confirming the correct address on Saturday afternoon. Today, at 2:30, a solid 3 1/2 hours before orientation starts, we get an e-mail with the subject "Please note the CHANGE in location". I cannot wait to get there tonight and find out how many people don't show up because of this, how many are late (the doors lock at 6pm!) and cause a disruption, blaming the late notice.

Mostly though, I find it hilarious that a course with the phrase "Stress Reduction" in its title, where a "reduction in anxiety" is listed at the very top of the list of the benefits of the course, and thus I am assuming this course is attracting people who have specific problems managing stress and anxiety in mundane situations... is starting out with an unannounced change in location and a correction e-mail literally hours before it starts.

Mind you, I'm laughing about this because the one thing that trumps anxiety for me is an obsession with detail and correctness, so I instantly opened the e-mail when i got it, instantly spotted the incorrect address, stopped everything else I was doing, researched the locations online myself, researched information about the class online myself, immediately contacted the instructor, etc,etc. So I figured it all out before I even had time to get anxious about it

Last edited by Radii : 02-09-2015 at 03:10 PM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote