View Single Post
Old 02-27-2015, 07:08 PM   #27
Radii
Head Coach

Homework - Week 1 Friday

Mindful Eating - Lunch at Chipotle (hooray). Steak salad with cheese/salsa/sour cream/guac. Salads at Chipotle are low carb heaven to many. Anyway... I try to get a mix of ingredients in my bite for mindful eating. I put the fork in my mouth and pay attention without chewing. I can separate the different flavors easily. Many of the flavors are strong ones. The guacamole stands out the most. Tangy? A little spice? The flavors mix together when I chew, and that's that. Mindful eating feels repetitive to me at this point. I'm not frustrated, but I am not sure I'm interested in this. It may be because it highlights the issue I have with the "Beginners mind" pillar. If I can bring myself to speak up in class on Monday this is what I'll talk about. An almond tastes like an almond. My bacon tastes like glorious bacon. If you've never eaten bacon before, do not ask me what it tastes like It tastes like bacon dammit!

Routine Activity - No pee on the cat's tail last night, yay! I notice how Dean settles into the same place every night. I notice how his paws wrap around my upper arm, and how he kneads into my arm with them when he's happy. When his purr really gets going, he starts to drool. This has never bothered me, and it doesn't now even being so aware of the moment. My mind wanders, thinking about how disgusting my ex wife used to think Dean drooling on me was, and how hilarious I thought it was that it bothered her so. I come back to the present and feel very relaxed and go into my nightly routine.

Body Scan - I am not doing the body scan tonight. I've had a long day and some of that "emotional state of mind" crap from before has been weighing on me a little more than normal today. I am absolutely fine, but dedicating a half hour to paying full attention to the current moment and accepting whatever thoughts and feelings come is not something I want to do.

I got the survey for week 1 for the research today. I haven't looked at it yet. I'll do it tomorrow and write something if I think its interesting.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote