View Single Post
Old 03-07-2015, 11:06 PM   #43
Radii
Head Coach

Week 2 Saturday Homework

Routine Activity - Not much to say here. Did this thing.

Body Scan - I'm very focused early on in the body scan and following along. Something interesting happens though. When we hit my left knee I decide its hurting badly enough tonight that I want to "skip it". The problem is that I am actually finding that my focus is so good at this point that skipping this section isn't easy. I end up hitting on a thought and sticking to it, and that focus on the audio and my body/moment/experience disappears completely. I end up thinking about a couple decisions, one of which just popped into my head for the first time during this process. Not exactly non-judgemental thought or just observing thoughts But that's ok.

For the rest of the audio I am listening to the words but I'm really not with it. I'm definitely thinking a lot here, but I feel like I have a fairly clear head about it, and I trust my intuition/instinct extremely heavily in spots like this (the way the idea came out kind of out of nowhere but in a really focused way).

I'm actually done with decisionmaking fairly quickly here, there's still probably 10 minutes left on the audio, but I really never do fully go back to it, my mind is wandering, I'm not really physically still anymore.

So, with that, I've decided to stop taking my final med from my urologist. This is interesting in that my physical therapist made some specific recommendations about how I might want to go about that, and this decision is going against all of them, pretty sure its the first time I've directly ignored a suggestion from either physical therapist. But it feels like a low/no risk thing and I have a couple reasons that make sense to me for doing it now. So we'll see how that goes. If it doesn't work I still have the med, and can get right back on it and follow the recommendations after all.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote