View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 01:07 PM   #370
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Now, here’s my target:

6th year vet, CB Cary Greene, 64/64, and he’d be a leader on our team too.

We need to improve our secondary. And there it is with its 84 interceptions rating

DT Keith wants a ton of cash. 5 years and 54 mill cash. Nope. Sorry.

I have the cash to chase a real K and we are kicking more Fgs the last few seasons. Time to commit. I make an offer to 60/60 K Patrick Pintsak

What about OT?

I can move to RT Herb Chelius at 42/42 if I want. He’s 33 though – not sure how long I can rely on him. Brant Matthews is the best OT in FA, and he dropped his price, so I make an offer to bring him back.

Any great D Line folks?

Let’s look at the draft first.

We pick 1.19, 3.17, 4,19 and 4.21,5.18, 6.17. We don’t have a 2nd, as the final price paid for our All Pro QB. Totally worth it, by the by.

I could use DE and DT. Whoa, hello DE Jordan Rogers – 4th DE on the board, no combines, and underrated when we set up that interview. 4 great DE on the board. Could take any of them post-interviews. What about DT? The 2nd is very underrated. 3rd? Underrated with an affinity. Love them both.

What about WLB? Nah. Not ILB either. I interview a LB that had tremendous combine numbers 3 reds and 3 blues. But not super great bars. Josh Gordon. Came back very overrated. Yuck. Combine dork?

I also interview a strong looking TE Rusty Gray I’d be pleased to pick at 1.19, get a real TE for once in my life. I interview some WR and S candidates. Just to see if we had someone falling of serious talent – but nah.

Okay, I hope I can get one of the top 6 or 7 D Line folks, but I’m not sure which it’d be. I don’t want to go hard into D Line in FA. Keep my options open for now. I’d like a nice rotting option at the D Line though, cause right now, my D Linemen are DE Burton, DE Alston, DT Clinton and DT Rick Greer – not really a deep or inspiring list. I make an offer to LDT Thomas Dwyer, a 5th year man from Chicago.

We are chasing 6 real targets, and I’ll hold off for anything more for a while. Want to see what happens to our cap especially after the CB Greene chase finishes up.

Stage 2 - No news

Stage 3 – We sign CB Greene, we were the only team that offered. Welcome to Jacksonville Greene!

One hole down. I have 16 mill in cap space after that. Many of my targets will impact that space negatively. I can cut Willingham though to clear up some cap room later.

Stage 5 – DT Dwyer signs with us – 3 years, 10.5 mill

Stage 6 – LT Matthews is heading back home on a 3 year 11.27 mill deal. That’s something I like about Matthews, he gets his value. He’s a first round bust who didn’t suck bad enough to get taken away. You know, remove the stigma of “1st Round Disappointment” from players like TE Kyle Brady or OG Chris Naeole and you’d have some productive players. CB Hanks and FS Popson resign with us too. Bringing back my peops!

I cut Willingham. I’ll need the cash sooner or later.

If I was sure I am not in the running for a certain rookie TE I’d be considering an offer to 52/52 TE Erik Holsey. But that TE is my backup in case things go south on the D Line.

Stage 7 - CB Graham DeWine of former Jaguars heads to Denver. WLB Albert Eamigh to Detroit. We sign K Pintsak for way too much money – 16 mill, 3 years. He’s 61/61 though and pretty solid. Willingham is immediately given an offer by Denver.

Stage 8 – QB Hardy Schaefer heads to Rams for a 1 year deal. I make an offer to P Kendrick McKissick who is being made offers by the Dolphins and Bucs, the other Florida teams. I up the bonus to get above my cross-state rivals.

Stage 9 – That good 52/52 TE signed with the Saints for an admittedly pricey deal. P McKissick signs with us for 3 yards and 6.21 mill. I cut our guy. DE Chris Goeken signs with the Bills. DT Keith signs with the Bucs.

I don’t have too much cap space left. 4.2 mill for new players. So I need to lay off the signings for a bit. Hit up the draft to assess my holes. Maybe I can’t bring back Menzies or MLB Jared Gati. Sad face.

Stage 10 – Willingham to the Dolphins. DT Dana Korber, one of ours heads to Houston, and CB Walt Benavides to the eagles.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote