View Single Post
Old 06-19-2006, 07:06 PM   #356
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
Anxiety, lets follow out your logic a little further here and look at all possible scenerios..

A - 1 Guard
B - 2 Guards
C - 0 Guards

Now A.1 - 1 guard and we do this strat. When they reveal themselves later on, we can verify they are telling the truth. Win for us

A.2 - If we do not do this strat, and they reveal later on, we have no way to be sure if they are still telling the truth or not... We will say this is a Draw

B.1 - Person reveals they are a guard, we do this strat, but they didnt end up being the guard who got the ordered. They end up not being trusted, and we lynch someone that hurts us. Loss for us

B.2 - Person reveals they are a guard, we do not do the strat, the other guard reveals they are the guard, so we end up in a trust war, where likely end up still lynching one of our two guards. Loss for us.

C.1 or C.2 its a draw either way since it does not end up impacting anything..

So in my mind, it only benefits us to go with barkeep's plan here. I can't see any downside from it that wouldn't already be there in the case of multiple guards and a reveal.

I woke up from a nap and read this and had to reread it three times. I knew it was important somehow, I just couldn't wrap my head around it.

Maybe sleep helped, but I think I figured it out. All of this is predicated on the pharoah being a good guy. I just realized that I was reading this again in order to figure it out.

Are we sure that's true?

I just don't think this strategy will work as well as any of us hope it will.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote