View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 12:22 PM   #209
Radii
Head Coach

We get a full week off before our next game. We finish the month with games on the 21st, 26th, 28th, and 31st.

-- In my pre-match press conference I'm asked about Subotic and I say that I do believe he can play better.

December 21st, 2013

Woking (7-8-6, 13th) @ Stockport (10-9-2, 4th)

The media headling going into the match is "Woking face the impossible" ... We're 10:1 dogs. They are amazing 1:6 favorites. Stockport have the fewest losses in the league but draw far more than the other teams at the top and find themselves a point out of automatic promotion. This is our first ever meeting with Stockport.

We're rested and i'm free to start my best, I make two lineup changes based on form though.

GK: Lynch
D: Nikolaou/Williams/Smith/Anane
MC: Upson/O'Sullivan
AM: Jesus/Downes
ST: Pablo/Harsanyi

Subotic is not going to play today, maybe a break will slow all the critisicm he's seeing. Ogogo's morale is poor, he isn't unahppy but maybe he dips quickly when we aer losing. I put Anane out there in his place. Other than that i'm starting my best guys.

Stockport uses a sweeper, then two DC's, two DMs on the outside, three MC's and two forwards. We open in a defensive mindset.

11': Wow. Their striker Hutchinson gets the ball out to the right about 20 yards out, he embarrasses Williams and attacks and scores quite easily. 0-1

23': We clear teh ball out of defense, but they get ot it and head it back in. Upson with a header from the 25 yard mark or so... he heads it back into our box, Hutchinson runs on to it and puts it by Lynxh. Huge error. 0-2

36': Two quick highlights, in one Jesus with a cross to the feet of Downes, he strikes it and the keeper makes a great save. Another we collect the ball in midfield and theer's a quick lob ahead to Harsanyi. He has a decent look from maybe 15 yards out on the right side of the area but the keeper blocks it.

46': Almost! Upson places a beautiful pass onto the penalty spot. Downes is right there, he has a great look, but he hits it right at the keeper. Our first/only clear cut chance so far and we couldn't finish.

HALF: 2-0 feels insurmountable. We generated some chances but its just not looking good. Lets keep pushing and see if we can do anything.

55': Upson is hurt and we bring in Pulis for him immediately.

66': Mike Williams picks up a yellow going after a ball in the air in midfield.

74': AFter a throwin in our end, the ball end sup floating high in the air right in front of the net, a stockport player gets his head to it and Lynch makes a brilliant save.

77': Clapham in for Jesus, Ball in for O'Sullivan.

86': Clapham takes a corner, its headed by Downes... off the post, so close!

Stockport 2 : 0 Woking

Most of the match felt relatively even. Of course that could be because Stockport got off to a quick 2 goal lead and could let up. We were just totally outclassed by their scorer Hutchinson, obviously man of the amtch.

Upson put up a 7.1 before coming out with a little injury(hopefully little). Anane 5.8. Williams was at a 5.4 in teh first half but picked it up and finished with a 6.7 rating.

We learn after the match that we have now gone 8 matches without a win. Oof. We fall to 15th.

I'm worried about confidence and Morale issues especially among the strikers since so many guys are on long scoring droughts.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote