View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 10:59 PM   #220
Radii
Head Coach

February Update

The board is "very pleased" with me. That's down from delighted but still just fine. Ed Upson's signing is still a higlight, and the disappointment from losing captain Mark Ricketts is back. They ask for

my patience while speculation about the club's future is dealt with. The board chairman will likely change soon, maybe during the offseason.

We lost a ton of money last month, 126k. Only 4 total matches and only 2 at home wil do that.

We play 5 matches in February... 4 left after the one we already lost on the 1st.

-- Uh, oops. Kevin Lynch hurts his elbow in training and may miss the next 2-3 matches. I've allowed my backup to go out on loan and he is hurt too, lets see who we have on the reserve squad! Oh right, my #3 GK Matt Pegler is still around. I had forgotten about him until I went to look.

February 8th, 2014

Brighton(9-8-13, 18th) @ Woking (9-11-10, 16th)

Brighton are even money favorites today. I can't help but wonder what they would be if Lynch was playing. But he's not. We beat them 3-1 at their place when we were playing our best soccer earlier in the year. Brighton has massive issues scoring, even worse than us, their leading goalscorer has 3 goals.

GK: Pegler
D: Nikolaou/Williams/Smith/Ogogo
DMC: Arter
MC: Upson/O'Sullivan
AM: Jesus/Downes
ST: Harsanyi

Pegler is at GK. Smith is back in the defensive line, Arter is our DMC. Downes and O'Sulivan are back in the lineup after their injuries, though Downes won't make it 90 minutes today. Harsanyi is my random "maybe someone will break through at striker" option today.

We'll try to attack and keep the pressure off of Pegler.

16': Throwin Brighton, its a through ball up to forward Reid, he's deep in our defense, passes it across the face of the goal to anothe forward to taps it into the net easily. Christian Smith missed an interception that allowed the goal. 0-1

18': Harsanyi recives a pass and beats the only man in front of him... he's 15 yards away, the keeper charging, its a great chance for us... but he puts it about 5 yards wide. Not even close.

23': Short corner taken by Brighton, their man Ocak turns, fires, and Pegler can't stop it... I have to feel like Lynch would have. 0-2

40': Jesus and Arter with a really nice give and go, Jesus gets into the penalty area but his shot is right at the keeper and saved. A nice move until the finish.

41': A Brighton Midfielder picks up a yellow, Harsanyi with the free kick from 35 yards out... its parried away by the keeper, they get to it and clear it out for a throwin, which we can't do anything with.

HALF: We have 8 shots, 3 on target, only 2 long shots, we've been generating some looks but just putting headers way over or missing open looks. They ahve 4 shots, only 2 on target but both are goals. Christian Smith is devastated by his mistake and has a 4.9 rating right now. I yell at the team a bit at halftime but it seems like we just have huge confidence issues and can't get anything goign anywhere.

49': Nikolaou goes down with an injury, he doesn't have to come out but he's hobbled a bit.

Nothing worth mentioning in a crappy 0-2 game happens the rest o the half.

Woking 0 : 2 Brighton

We don't manage a single shot in the second half. Brighton only takes a couple, none of them on target. so they put 2 shots on target all match and scored on both.

Smith 5.0, Harsanyi 5.4. No one has a good game. Pegler 6.1. I tell the team their performance was embarrassing and get out of this one as soon as possible.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote