View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007, 07:43 PM   #59
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calis View Post
I should add, I'm quite aware that Rampage beat Chuck and beat him rather soundly, but I also think they're VASTLY different fighters now then they were 3 years ago.

Rampage has without doubt lost an edge, after being annihilated by Silva and Shogun he just really lost that killer instinct, and I think a couple of tune up wins would go a long way towards gaining that back. I do think he's a bad match-up for Chuck and the best stand-up guy I can remember Chuck fighting in God knows how long.

I'm all for him winning, and I think he can, I just don't think he's in the right state of mind now to do it. I hope I'm wrong.

I agree completely with Calis. Anyone judging Rampage on his fight vs. Chuck several years ago is misleading themselves. After the two brutal beatings he took from Wandy, and another one from Shogun he hasn't been the same fighter. Watch his Don Yon Sik (or whatever his name was fight). In the meantime Chuck has gotten better if anything.

I also was more a fan of the Pride rules as opposed to UFC so I'm sad to see those go. One rule I hope they keep (we'll see) is the yellow card rule. If someone is just stalling and not trying to finish the fight (you hear me Koshceck and O'brien) the ref gives them a yellow card which docks them 10% of their pay and is used in judging criteria. Good rule IMO, along with knees on the ground, and no elbows (which lead to too many cuts).
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote