View Single Post
Old 08-02-2015, 07:25 AM   #62
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Once I feel like the city has hit is stable growth point -- which is coming soon -- I'm going to spend some time rebuilding the mass transit infrastructure. Right now, it's a mess of illogical connections that don't really make a ton of sense. It works, but it's kind of a shitshow because I didn't develop it as a city, I built it mostly piecemeal and added stops as I went.

The buses and trains aren't bad, it's the subway that really needs to be rebuilt from scratch and rethought of. I'd like to really have a clearer idea of what goes where and who and why.

In fact, before I do any building that might be the next thing I do, because it might make it easier to figure out what should go where. I won't get rid of any stations, just drop all of the subway lines essentially and rebuild the lines so I can actually tell you what lines to take where.

This game even though it's not great at some things, does a fantastic job with the traffic in that it almost melds all of the stuff I liked about Cities in Motion 2 and puts it into a SimCity wrapping. I used to find it kind of tedious in the older city sims, but with this game, the traffic is almost a game within a game to me and I really enjoy solving the traffic and commuting puzzles.

I'd like to get to a point where I can tell you what line to take to get where within the city. It would be just be fun to build that from the ground up, even though in this case we're not really building it from the ground up, just reorganizing the lines we have.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 08-02-2015 at 07:25 AM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote