View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 10:23 AM   #311
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Just got back from our one week stay last night and I have to say that it was genuinely a great time. Hot, crowded, etc. but watching my 5 year old have fun was awesome. The highlights include:

Art of Animation Cars suite. Looked amazing and while the walls are very thin, we would stay there again. Great pool although we only went twice.

At lunch at Magic Kingdom the Mayor from the park opening show walked in and did a huge presentation and named my son Junior Mayor for the day which allowed him to go to the front of any line in the park. He chose the 7D Mine Train which was one of his faves.

Character meals were solid, particularly at Ohana. Liberty Tree Tavern, Boma, Be Our Guest, Restaurantasaurus, The Plaza and The Sci-Fi Dine In were actually all very good.

My favorite moment though involved Everest. My son is only 5 and my wife gets motion sick so I went one time on it by myself when we first got there and it was excellent. We headed back to Animal Kingdom for a second day during the 1 hour early Magic Hours and rode Dino-Whirl 5 times and I asked my son if he would mind if I jetted off to ride Everest once. He asked to come with and ride it. I didn't think he could but we went over and the height was only 44" (which surprised me) so he got on easily and we rode it with just a 5 minute wait in the Magic Hours.

He rode everything. His faves were Dino-Whirl, Dinosaur and Safari at Animal Kingdom. He loved Mine Train, Thunder Mountain Railroad, Pooh and Dumbo at Magic Kingdom. Star Wars and Toy Story Mania at Hollywood Studios. Living on the Land, Nemo and Earth at Epcot.

Thanks again for all the advice guys!

Last edited by PurdueBrad : 08-12-2014 at 10:24 AM.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote