View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 10:59 AM   #314
Easy Mac

We went in May with our 4.5 year old and it was a blast. Definitely taxing. It was probably as hot as it has been all Summer when we went (mid-90s the entire week). If that was not-crowded (which I was told it was), I would hate to go when it was crowded.

The best decision we made was fast-passing Frozen. We made it through in about 20 minutes, as opposed to the 6 hour line.

I wouldn't bother with Princess breakfast in the castle the next time we go. The food was horrendous, but it was an easy way for the daughter to meet the princesses.

Maybe should have waited a year until she was a couple of inches taller, just to avoid the semi-meltdowns when we'd get close to a ride and she was too short (space mountain, Everest, Rockin Roller Coaster). She loved Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, and Tower of Terror. They even let her be a bellhop on the Tower of Terror, but for some reason she got freaked out by that. She also LOVED Tomorrowland Racetrack, we probably did that 10 times.

Next time we go, we may just skip Epcot/Animal Kingdom or do 1/2 days there, just not really a lot of rides that any of us enjoyed. Although the ribs at animal kingdom was good. Even Hollywood Studios, probably could have done with 1/2 day or so. It was also just soooo hot.

The best nap spots we found:
Epcot - whatever the little convention center next to Starbuck's is called. Relatively quite corridor/hallway and air conditioned.
Animal Kingdom - There was a little hut with fans near Everest that was shaded, looked like it was a second turnstile for when it was very crowded.
Magic Kingdom - Covered area behind the Sleepy Hollow Inn, or whatever it was called that sold waffle wrapped foods.
Hollywood Studios - Behind the fruit stand on the was to Tower of Terror. The back corner was shaded and had a nice breeze.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote