View Single Post
Old 05-18-2015, 09:56 AM   #605
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Summer League - CRC Time Trials - RESULTS

Note: no blocks were used, thus resulting in slower overall times

Bailey

50 Free - This was going to be a really tight race, with 6 girls all having similar times swimming at once. The start of the race was as expected, and Bailey was in a tight battle for the 4th spot, but coming out of the turn she fell off the pace and cruised into the finish over a second back. She finished 6th with a time of 30.37, well off her personal best time (even without blocks). I asked her what happened, and she informed me, she hit the bottom coming out of her turn (not surprising as she goes deep off walls in year round meets, due to her strong underwater work), and once that happened, she lost so much ground to the field, she backed off and just finished the race.

50 Back - Awesome start for Bailey (even without the blocks to get good leverage on the start). She was out fast, but before she could get to the wall, a couple of girls caught her. She finished 4th and actually added time from last year...33.23

50 Breast - Bailey managed to get 5th, even though she came in with the 8th fastest time. It wasn't a great swim at 41.29, but it was pretty good for her.

50 Fly - Honestly, I do believe that Bailey may have held back a bit in the 3 earlier races, knowing she was going to have a showdown in this one with Caroline and Kate. And it lived up to the hype. Bailey, Caroline, and Kate were neck and neck the whole way. In fact, Bailey was probably 3rd at the turn, but she came home strong and won the event with a 30.44. Caroline finished 30.55, and Kate was a 30.68.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brett

50 Free - Brett's strokes were much longer and they definately looked better, but he only managed to get 6th - 29.16

50 Back - decent race -36.27, still 6th...but better than he's been swimming recently.

50 Breast - The big one for Brett...and I was super proud because he stayed longer with his strokes despite the fact he was chasing early. He finished 3rd overall (behind Tommy and Riley), but he was within about 1.5 seconds - 35.85 - but it isn't a personal best time.

50 Fly - His fly continues to look better, only managed 6th - 37.39, which is a slight improvement for him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bear

50 Free - An ok swim for Bear, managed a 27.61, which put him 4th in the event (and that was as good as he was going to be able to do even if he had cranked out a PB swim).

50 Back - 32.42 time is slightly off his time for last year...finished 4th. A Bit disappointing that he wasn't able to beat Tommy in this one, as back is Tommy's weak stroke.

50 Breast - 39.71 - a good swim for Bear, but not nearly as good as his recent year round swims in Breast. Finished 6th, as expected.

50 Fly - Suprisingly, Bear only managed a 5th place finish in this stroke. I though he might be able to pull 3rd, but Seth (who's fly has improve a bunch, and Alex, who has finally started to put the year round swimming thing together) both beat him by about a second. Bear posted a 30.90.

Last edited by Breeze : 05-27-2015 at 06:29 AM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote