#10- Michigan State
#11- Kansas State
#14- TCU
#18- Texas
#21- Oklahoma State
#25- West Virginia

Contract Feedback

44% Job Security

2800+ total offensive yards in one season. (851 yards so far).
Win 4 games in one season. (Won 2 game so far).
30+ passing TD in one season. (4 TD passes so far).
15+ rushing TD in one season. (4 TD rushes so far).
10+ passing TD in each season. (4 TD passes so far).
21+ points per game in each season. (34 PPG so far).
Win 8 games in one season. (2 win so far).
3000+ total offensive yards each season. (851 yards so far).

Injury Report

Covington is still feeling the effects of the strained quad. He's listed as probable for this one. Considering the opponent, I'm keeping him low on the depth chart where he can take this game to rest, although I may get him a couple carries towards the end of the game.

Game against North Texas (1-1)

We should win this one fairly easily, as the only advantage they have over us currently statistic wise is a better pass defense. ESPN has us favored.

First Quarter

They won the toss and chose to defer, so we'll start on offense first. We had some trouble moving the ball, and did get it into FG range, but Zach Burns missed the 48 yard FG. Zoikes! It took them 7 plays to march down the field and strike for a touchdown, and all of a sudden we found ourselves trailing 7-0. After trading 3 and outs, we got the ball back at their 47 yard line, and the quarter ended with us moving the ball down to their 1 yard line.

North Texas- 7, #11 Kansas State- 0

Second Quarter

On the first play of the quarter, Cory Deloach ran it in for a 1 yard TD run. Burns added the XP and we tied it at 7. After a couple first downs for them, we forced them to punt it away. After trading 3 and outs again, we proceeded to completely dominate the second quarter by using a methodical, 14 play drive. Unfortunately it stalled short of the end zone and we had to settle for a 19 yard FG from Burns. They got a couple plays off before halftime, but nothing significant.

Halftime Score: #11 Kansas State- 10, North Texas- 7

Third Quarter

They got the ball to start the 2nd half and went 3 and out. We again had a nice, slow drive that ended when Kenny West found Dustin Robinson on a catch and run for a 10 yard TD. Burns added the XP to give us a 17-7 lead. The defense did their job again, forcing another 3 and out and another punt. Unfortunately, West got a little greedy on first down, throwing into double coverage as it was picked off, so they got the ball in great field position. It took them 6 plays to get into the end zone and add the XP, and our lead was cut to 17-14. Our ensuing drive was filled with penalties and a sack or 2, as we end the quarter facing a 3rd and 26.

End of 3rd Quarter Score: #11 Kansas State- 17, North Texas- 14.

4th Quarter

Remember that 3rd and 26 we were faced with to start this quarter? No matter, as backup QB Andy Malone hooked up with Robinson for a 70 yard TD pass, getting the crowd back into the game. The XP gave us a 10 point lead again, 24-14. Another 3 and out forced by our defense had the place rocking, and I decided to go for blood, passing for a couple 1st downs before I decided to give West and Deloach the rest of the game off, turning it over to their respective backups, Malone and Demetrius Harrison, for the rest of the game. After giving up our 6th sack of the game (MFing offensive line is a joke) which I thought would put us out of FG range, I lobbied for us to punt it away and play the field position game. My head coach (remember, I'm just the offensive coordinator) decided to trot Burns out there for a 52 yard FG attempt, which he made, just to spite me I'm sure. Anyways, that gave us a 27-14 lead. Seems our defense has forgotten how to close out games, as they marched right down the field for a TD and XP, cutting the lead to 27-21. Geez louise! To my surprise, they elected to kick it away, and with 2 minutes left, if we could just get a first down or 2, it would seal the deal. And we were able to do exactly that with our running game, and we escaped with another victory in a game that the score was a lot closer than it should have been.

Final Score

#11 Kansas State- 27, North Texas- 21

Final Stats

Passing

K. West (12-20-104-1-1)
A. Malone (3-3-90-1)

Rushing

C. Deloach (17-96-1)
K. West (15-85)
D. Harrison (5-32)
J. Cummings (1-5)
S. Charles (2-4)
A. Malone (4- -10) This indicates that Malone actually had -10 yards rushing.

Receiving

D. Robinson (4-110-2)
P. Brown (3-36)
S. Charles (3-16)
C. Daniels (1-10)
A. Daniels (1-8)
J. Cummings (1-6)
D. Harrison (1-4)
B. Montgomery (1-4)

Offensive Coordinator Thoughts

Well, other than the 1 big pass play, our passing game was really ineffective. Our rushing was brilliant, however. I'd really like to see West stand in the pocket more. We already have great running backs, we need him to pass the ball, not run it. However, with our inept offensive line giving up 6 sacks to a team like North Texas, I can only imagine what the defensive pressure will be like when we face teams like Oklahoma, Baylor, TCU. The line has to get better to give West a chance to throw the ball more. I realize he threw it 20 times, but many of those were either forced throws that were off target, or just short throws. I like that Malone came in on the first play of the 4th Quarter and aired it out on a 3rd and 26 though. I'll be honest, I flubbed on that one. He was in the game and I didn't even know it. I thought West made that pass. Oops! Regardless, we have to get better. I can't imagine us moving up in the polls this week, but I wouldn't be surprised if we moved down.

Top 10 Scores

#1 USC- 31, #17 Stanford- 21
#2 LSU- 34, Idaho- 10
#4 Georgia- 26, Florida Atlantic- 6
#5 Michigan- 63, UMass- 7
#8 Alabama- 37. #6 Arkansas- 27
#7 Florida State- 37, Wake Forest- 17
#9 South Carolina- 16, UAB- 3
#10 Michigan State- 41, #22 Notre Dame- 21

Other Big 12 Scores

Iowa State- 31, FCS Midwest- 19
Baylor- 49, FCS Southeast- 0