View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 12:00 PM   #101
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
'Crap I should have turned location on but forgot. What do I do? Do I keep driving with it off and break the rules, or do I break the rules and use my phone to turn it on? Again IF his story is legit, there is a silver lining that he WANTED to follow the rules. He just failed to implement them correctly. Im not sure that I would have punished there for anything. That was a great teaching moment. THIS IS WHY YOU DONT USE YOUR PHONE AND DRIVE. Thank GOD its a flat and a scratch do you see how it coudl have been MUCH worse?

I appreciate your post. And I have to say that I agree with you here up to a point... but it was his overall reaction to this that ticked me off. Not apologetic in the least, I think because of your 2nd point: his point was he was trying to follow the rules and it screwed him.

My point was, it is ok to stop the car or pull off into a safe area and fix your problem instead of trying to do it while moving.

Anyway, he's back driving the car and we've had a couple of days of him running around without incident. He's got graduation practice about 15-20 miles from the house on Friday morning that will be telling to me.