View Single Post
Old 05-23-2018, 08:31 AM   #105
Edward64
Head Coach

Different take on kids leaving home.

Good for the parents. You can kinda understand it for the first couple years (e.g. effects of the Great Recession) but this kid is obviously a good for nothing bum.

I hope the parents write him out of their will.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/22/us/ju...rnd/index.html
Quote:
A 30-year-old man didn't get the message that it was time to move out of his parents' home, even after they left him five notices and an offer of cash to help find new digs.

The New York family drama eventually rolled into the court system, where a judge on Tuesday ruled in the parents' favor and ordered Michael Rotondo to leave after having a room for eight years.

But Rotondo contends he is owed a six-month notice.

"I just wanted a reasonable amount of time to vacate, with consideration to the fact that I was not really prepared to support myself at the time of the notices," he told CNN affiliate WSTM.
:
:
He claimed that for the past eight years he "has never been expected to contribute to household expenses, or assisted with chores and the maintenance of the premises, and claims that this is simply a component of his living agreement," according to filings obtained by CNN affiliate WSTM.

Judge: 'I think the notice is sufficient'

During the hearing on Tuesday, Michael represented himself and cited the case of Kosa v. Legg: "that there is 'Common law requirement of six-month notice to quit before tenant may be removed through ejectment action."

But New York State Supreme Court Judge Donald Greenwood disagreed.
"I'm granting the eviction," he said. "I think the notice is sufficient."

After court, Rotondo told reporters he plans to appeal the case and finds the ruling "ridiculous."

"It seems to me like I should be provided with, you know, 30 days or so, because generally you get 30 days after you're found, you know, to have to vacate the premises," he said. "So I'm expecting something like that. But realistically, if that's not the case, I don't know."
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote