View Single Post
Old 11-14-2018, 08:02 PM   #128
spleen1015
Coordinator

Just my 2 cents...

I think your son just needs to figure out who he is.

My son tried CC after he graduated and struggled. He was just tired of going to school. College wasn't his thing. So, we made him get a job. Well it took him a looooong time to get a job. He applied at every fast food joint in town and never got a job.

He ended up getting a job working in a call center. His job literally listening to people talk to the voice activated calls and pressing the right button to send them where they wanted to go. He excelled at it. He was paid based on how quick and accurate he was. After like 2 months he was getting the highest scores out of every one. After a year they promoted him to a team lead position and it wasn't for him. He was an asshole to his team so they demoted him and he ended up quitting over that.

He immediately got a job at an Amazon vendor working in their warehouse. He did that job for about 3 years. Now he's a security guard for one of the big companies in town. He a shift leader there and doing well.

He's 25, lives on his own, pays his bills, pulls extra shifts when he's bored. We made him move out when he was 23 just so he could move forward with life.

He just had to figure things out.

Good luck to your son.