View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 11:04 PM   #142
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
College year is over for the kid.

We've got another week left (he's home next Thursday - the first time in college that he hasn't had a Friday exam) and then it's one year of undergrad to go.

This is going to be a strange & likely stressful summer. He's home for basically a month then it's off to Ireland for a summer program (as well as working on research for his senior thesis). Wife is going over with him about two weeks early to do some touristy stuff in the U.K. and then deposit him there for most of the summer. And for a first-time Euro / overseas traveler, there feels like a shit-ton to do/get sorted out/prepare for.

So that's basically mid-June to late July. He comes back via NYC & will tourist the city with one of his roommates (a NY local) for a few days, then he's literally home for like a day & then off to Little Rock for the national meeting of some honors fraternity or something. And then it's home for like a week & back to start his senior year.

The arrival of his passport this week seemed to suddenly turn the light on about how little he's home this summer & he's not the happiest camper with that realization.

And over the next year we have the LSAT to deal with plus settling on his law school pick.

I think we all have a feeling that the next 12 months may be a wilder ride than the last 36 months.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 05-01-2019 at 11:04 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote