View Single Post
Old 05-02-2019, 06:30 AM   #143
spleen1015
Coordinator

My son is 26 years old. He has been trying to join the military since he graduated HS. He had tried every branch and was turned down because he was ADHD as a kid.

About 2-3 years ago, he met a friend of his uncle's who is an Air Force recruiter. He talked to the recruiter about his situation and the recruiter told him that he thought he could get him in.

So, finally, after 8 years, this kid will finally live his dream, follow in the footsteps of his parents, 2 uncles and grandfathers and serve in the United States Air Force.

As if the 8 year wait wasn't long enough, his flight on Tuesday from Indy to Dallas got cancelled so he had to wait another day. Then yesterday, his flight got cancelled again but this time he took another flight to Charlotte then on to San Antonio. I got a text at 11:42 last night letting me know he was on the ground in San Antonio. Soon after he turned off his phone.

This morning I wake up feeling very excited and anxious. As of this time I know he's up and going through the first day of basic training and I can't stop smiling.

Last edited by spleen1015 : 05-02-2019 at 06:52 AM.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote