View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 05:00 PM   #148
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Path, it is the "general philosophy" that I think is being used as a way to obscure votes.

If you are a villager, then you must believe what you are saying.
If you are a wolf, then it is a convenient way to hide an early vote.

My vibe on this - one that I'm interested to hear if others share or not, although that would probably be a more honest discussion post-game - is that wolves are casting votes like this earlier in the day all the time rather than getting caught having to "save" candidates late in the day.

I've got no idea if I'm making a good vote here or not based on that one post. But as far as day one votes go, I'm willing to play gut a little bit more than on later days.

Now, it's been awhile since I played, and maybe this has become a WW truism that a day 1 vote for someone who hasn't checked in is a wolf maneuver, but for me it's a stance that I've adopted throughout my playing time. I did put it out there earlier than I normally would but there were hardly any votes on the table so figured why not?

I'm not bothered by getting a vote, so don't get me wrong on that. But calling that particular vote out because of a "general philosophy" is what I don't get. Is there some sort of other information I should have day 1 besides a general philosophy?