View Single Post
Old 06-16-2007, 10:11 PM   #263
molson
General Manager

WORLD CLASS CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING (TV Taping)
Tuesday, Week 4, October 1983
Fort Worth, TX: 5,000 SOLD OUT

-Pre-Show Dark Match
-WWA Heavyweight Championship Match
Steve Regal defeats Ken Mantel in 6:41 by pinfall to make his 7th defense of his title(C)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
The Great Kabuki defeated Bobby Eaton in 8:43 by pinfall. (B-).

-Bruiser Brody defeated Frank Dusek in 4:40 by pinfall. (C-). Brody's injury took a big toll.

-Fritz Von Erich came out and hyped his TV Title Steel Cage match with Jim Garvin next week. He says it will be his final match as an active competitor. (B)

-King Kong Bundy and Gary Hart come out to the ring and reference the open bounty placed on Manny Fernandez by Brian Adias last week. Bundy challenges Fernandez to a match, saying that he's intending to earn that cash. The announcers point out that it was likely Hart that put the money up in the first place for Adias. (C+)

-WCCW Television Championship Match
Jim Garvin defeated Mike Von Erich in 5:46 by submission to make his 3rd defense of the title. (D+). After the match, Garvin hyped the cage match with Fritz next week, claiming that not only with it will be Fritz's last match, it will be the last time he walks without a severe limp. (B)

-A video is played hyping Fritz' career, and his rehabilitation from his most recent two injuries (one at the hand of Destruction Inc, the second at the hands of Jimmy Garvin. (B+)

-The announcers hype the huge match that has been announced for tv show in two weeks: A triple threat title match between David Von Erich, Bob Backlund, and Michael Hayes, for the Texas and American Heavyweight Championship (whether Backlund or David holds those titles by then). (B-)

-Backstage, the cameras catch Michael Hayes and Bob Backlund discussing strategy for the match in two weeks. Backlund is trying to talk Hayes into ganging up on David, 2-on-1, and then laying down for Backlund. Hayes seems skeptical of this plan. (C+)

-Fritz Von Erich defeats Al Perez in 3:45 by submission. (C-). Fritz looked good.

-Buddy Jack Roberts comes out and once again taunts Kevin's obsession with him. Roberts says that Kevin will never live down that he's proven himself to be a better wrestler. (C). Kevin comes out to confront Buddy. Kevin says that for six weeks now, he's listened to Roberts run his mouth about his "victory", and that he's been unable to get a rematch. Kevin then raises the stakes, and tells Roberts that if Roberts gives him a match, and beats him again, Kevin will leave WCCW for a year. (C+). Buddy looks intrigued, but walks off before given Kevin an answer.

-Houston Championship Wrestling star Gino Hernandez comes out and addresses the crowd. He says that as a result of negotiations between HCW and WCCW companies, a series of intra-promotional matches have been arranged, starting tonight, when Gino challenges David Von Erich for his WCCW Texas and American Heavyweight Championships. (B+) David Von Erich then came out to hype to match as well. (B+). I tried to put over David in this match, but Gino apparently has creative control with HCW, and that carries over to us when we have him on loan. Of course, a time limit draw in this kind of situation is more realistic. In fact, I'm instituting a house rule effective today. When I bring a guy in via talent trade, he can't have a losing record with us during the loan. There's no way the WWF would trade me their champion, JYD, to job 3 straight times. So if I have a guy for 3 appearances, he can be 2-1, or 1-1-1, or 0-0-3, but he can't be 1-2 or 0-3 or 0-1-2.

-WCCW American and Texas Heavyweight Championship Match
David Von Erich and Gino Hernandez wrestled to a 20:00 time limit draw. The two showed great chemistry. David makes his 7th defense of the American Heavyweight Title, and 8th defense of his Texas Heavyweight Title. The announcing quality wasn't up to the standards of the match. (B+)

Overall Show Rating: B-

THOUGHTS:

-Another excellent show for us. Texas popularity remains 65.9%. Midwest popularity increases from to 53.9% to 54.1%, giving us a full 1.0% cushion in cult status.

-Excellent main event between Gino and David - Gino is a guy I'd love to bring in, but he's super loyal to HCW and SWCW. There's one little tweak/bug in the game I forgot about before I brought in all these new guys on talent trades - a wrestler won't sign with you if he's been employed by you in the previous 6 months, including if the "employment" was only via loan. This may have been fixed in the latest patch, but if not, you really have to be restrained when dealing with talent trades. With Gino though, he's not coming here full-time anytime soon, so we may bring him in for time to time for short runs.

-The Fritz/Garvin has given us some great segments leading up to their match. If Fritz wins, the title will be vacant again, and a tournament will be scheduled. But nothing's definite. Though, I am considering a unification match to determine the first WCCW World Champion in a few months - it would be David or Backlund v. Garvin or the tournament winner v. Steve Regal (as WWA champion). Winner gets all the belts, and new recognition as world champion. Then, new, lower titles would be introduced.

-Brody's pretty useless in the ring right now with his injury, which sucks.

-I hadn't used Kabuki for a while, so gets a dark match here which turned out well. I wasn't sure if I'd resign him or not, so he's not a big part of any current storylines.

Last edited by molson : 06-16-2007 at 10:14 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote