ROSTER: END OF OCTOBER, 1983

MAIN EVENTERS

Bob Backlund
Bruiser Brody
David Von Erich
Michael Hayes
The Great Kabuki
Manny Fernandez

-My road agent definitely disagrees with my decision to build the company around David, and I came very close to putting the belts on Backlund at the last show. But he's staying on top for now. His loyalty can't be underestimated, he's our ONLY main eventer that works for WCCW exclusively, and thus we never have any fatigue issues with him. And of course, if I take take WCCW to the top, I'd like it to look somewhat like WCCW. Kabuki has re-signed, so hopefully, at age 38, he has at least one more big run left in him

UPPER MIDCARDERS

Adrian Adonis
Kevin Von Erich
Kerry Von Erich
Chris Adams
Buddy Landell
Buddy Jack Roberts
Brad Rheingans

-Landell and Rheingans don't "feel" like Upper Midcarders to me, but their stats say differently. But they both have a limited opportunity to impress. My road agent sees Adams as a midcarder, but as I've stated, he's a "WCCW Original" who've I've love to see if I can develop into a national star.

MIDCARDERS

Butch Miller
Luke Williams
Bobby Eaton
Koko B. Ware
Steve Regal
Villano III
Jim Garvin
Ricky Mortion
King Kong Bundy
Iceman Parsons
Hector Guerrero

This group is filled with over- and under-achievers. Villano III, as I've stated again and again, has been nothing short of amazing. This will likely be his last month in the midcard. Koko and Eaton have been awesome as well. I read a random post on the DVD message board over the last week about how these guys were a "hidden treasure" of the 80s, who had a pretty dominating run in Memphis. That somehow inspired me to push them here.

LOWER MIDCARDERS

Ken Mantel
Brian Adias
Mike Von Erich
Frank Dusek

-The only reason Ken didn't join his brother in unemployment is that he still has that written contract for $1,000/month for 3 more months. That's a pretty good bargain if I use him almost every show. But there's little chance he'll be there after that. Adias is still the lower card guy that gets in high profile angles. I'm sure the dirt sheets of the day are speculating that he has something incriminating on the Von Erichs. But, I figure the only way to develop new stars is to push them out of their league at first.

OPENERS

Tommy Rogers
Super Kendo
Villano IV
Villano V
Barry Orton

-The Mexicans should get a lot of ring time with the Buddy Landell Angle. They're certainly being given every opportunity to improve.

ENHANCEMENT TALENT

Al Perez

-Perez is a clear upgrade over our previous bottom of the roster guy, Johnny Mantel. He's only 23, and could certainly build into "something".

LOAN TALENT

Junkyard Dog
Gino Hernandez
Jim Duggan

-I don't have a real plan for any of these guys yet - except that Gino will probably wrestle David again, and JYD will definitely face off with Bob Backlund. My new house rule (loan guys can't have a losing record in their time with us), should mean a lot of draws, which is a realistic result.

OTHERS

Sunshine
Gory Guerrero
Skandor Akbar
Precious
Gary Hart
Bill Mercer
Harry Frehley
Marc Lowrence
David Manning
Bronco Lubich
Fritz Von Erich

-I'm officially kicking Harry Frehley out of the 3-man booth - he'll do interviews at house shows and pre-show segments. I've had 7 or 8 B+ rated matches, but haven't broke A- yet - I'm thinking that my match rating may be capped out with the skill of my current announcers. So mostly to test the waters at this point, I request negotiations with Gordon Solie, Rod Trongard (AWA), and Les Thatcher.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote