View Single Post
Old 12-29-2007, 10:02 PM   #9
QuikSand
lolzcat

Okay, now I have a feel for the team. The three-headed QB monster. The no-name offense. And the swiss cheese defense, hoping to step up and earn a better nickname than that.

LB Zack Swift looks fine – so good news there. We have a ton of new contracts to sign (oh, woe is me!) but ought to float smoothly into season three. My best guess is that the 4 wins last year overstated our actual ability, and that we will only be roughly the same team this year – I do not see us leaping up to the near-.500 range right away. I guess we could get there, but I think 4 wins again is probably optimistic.

As we head to camp – not a single player with a rating over 50! Woo hoo! Heck, two of my three guys rated over 38 are my P and K, and they both stink!

Code:
Top Ten Most Likely Busts: Name Team Pos Change Gomez, Trevor Golden SS -8 Crawford, Bucky Golden RG -6 Clancy, Marty Golden TE -5 Nichols, Terrance Golden FS -2 Snee, Lorenzo Golden TE -2 Nomellini, Bucky Golden NT -1 Wolfe, Randy Golden C -1 Sudano, Vinny Golden WLB -1 Ramsey, Lawrence Golden FL -1 Crawford, Luke Golden C -1 Top Ten Most Likely Breakouts: Name Team Pos Change Fling, Jack Golden RB 2 Reynolds, Leon Golden TE 1 Mahoney, Kurt Golden QB 1 Fenno, Zach Golden NT 1 McDonald, Daniel Golden RB 1 Perry, Ike Golden RDE 1 Gottschalk, Korey Golden LCB 1 Bass, Joel Golden K 1 Malcomson, Willie Golden RDE 1 Okobi, William Golden FL 1

Okay, well – Jack Fling wasn’t the guy I thought I’d see atop the creepers list here. And candidly, Trevor Gomez isn’t who I expected to see take a bit hit. That sucks.

Anyhow – we are sitting on our roster rating of 1, of course, with 14 as the second-lowest in the league.

I am planning one defensive personnel change for this year – basically swapping my two outside linebackers. SLB Emmit O’Neal has a tremendous pass rusher rating, and even though I think he is also superior in coverage, I want to give him a look at the WLB slot, so we will use him there at least part of the time. We will still play Lorenzo Campbell, but probably more in a rotation along with another guy or two at both WLB and SLB.

On offense – I don’t know quite what we’ll do. Who might be the first Hoplite in this career to post a 1,000 yard season? WR Turnbull came close last year with 887… and I reckon he will get the starting SE job this season, so maybe him. If RB Greene can stay healthy and keep up his YPC over 4… then he’d have a shot, too. My guess is – this year, we won’t find out. Just not part of our plan to totally focus on any one guy, so we’ll end up with three or four guys at 600 or more, but zero topping a thousand in anything. This is not going to be a risk-taking offense, so we will look for controlled passing and a variety of running styles.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote