View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 01:26 PM   #252
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We are up 8-7 at the 15 minute mark.

At the 10 minute mark, Andres and Everett are exhausted. They are playing tight M2M defense. They are up 14-10.

With 9 minutes to go, Hodari cuts into the lane and draws a 2nd foul on Rhodes.

Down 19-15 with 5 minutes to go in the half.

A minute later, Snow hits a 3 and the foul to tie it up at 19.

Suddenly, a flurry of scoring starts...

Snow with a 3.. Andres with a 3.. Snow with a 3.

We are up 30-26 at the half.

Snow is the player of the half. He has 12 points on 4 of 5 shooting, 3 of 4 from the arc.

Andres has had a great half as well: 8 points, 3 boards, 3 assists, 3 steals, and a block.

Santos is in foul trouble with 2.

Rhodes is their only player we got into foul trouble with 2.

Mulligan leads their team with 6, Jackette has 5.

We have a 5 point lead for most of the early part of the 2nd half, but around the 13 minute mark, our shooting goes cold. They close within 2 on a 3 by Jackett. Hodari makes a nice move to get into the lane and get a foul but he misses both FT's.

Lee who is heating up for them as well, hits a jumper to tie it at 42 with 12:14 left in the game.

Mulligan with 2 3's in a row to give them a 48-44 lead.

Andres and Everett are tired and need rest. Hendriks on his first touch fakes out his man with crossover dribble and drives into the lane and gets an open 12 foot jumper. 48-46.

Jackett with a 2. Snow with a 3. 50-49.

Jackett misses a 3.. Pait with the board passes to Santos who passes to Snow who beat Jackett down the court.. slam dunk! 51-50.

Cruz their backup PG hits a 14 footer on a feed by Jackett. 52-51.

Hendriks gets fouled by Cruz after beating him on the dribble into the lane. He misses his FT.

Two defensive stops on each side before Snow hits a 14 footer. 53-52.

Mulligan with an offensive tip back of a missed Jackett shot. 54-53.

Snow's 3 attempt is blocked by Jackett. Jackett misses a 3.

Snow fakes a 3, gets his man to bite, and drives into the lane for a floater. 55-54.

Rhodes draws a foul on Pait in the paint. He hits both FT's. 56-55. 3:50 left in the game.

Jackett steals a pass of Hendriks. He hits a corner jumper at the other end. 58-55.

I call a timeout and get Everett and Andres back into the game. All of our starters will go the distance on adrenaline.

Santos has a 3 rim out. They work the clock a bit and then feed it to Mulligan in the post.. he uses a nice double move and scores down low. 60-55.

Andres with a drive to the hoop.. collapsing defense, he passes to Pait who is fouled on a dunk attempt. Pait hits both FT's.

Jackett with a quick basket. Andres responds with a quick 14 foot jumper. 62-59. 1:44 to go.

They work the clock to 10 seconds but miss the 3. We get a fastbreak going and Everett finds Andres in the lane for an easy layup. 62-61!

Lee misses a 3 pointer. Mulligan gets the board but misses the quick putback. Pait gets the board!

With 28 seconds left, Everett finds Andres open in the corner.. he shoots... and misses. Jackett gets the board. We have to foul.

He hits both FT's. 64-61.

I don't know if they did it intentionally, but they just did something that could have been brilliant.. They fouled Everett before I could get a 3 point play setup. He goes to the line for 2.

Everett hits both of them. We foul their point guard. He misses the FT's. We get off a quick 3 by Santos who is open.. he misses it!

Jackett gets the board. We foul him. He hits 1 of 2. We get the ball back and get it across midcourt. Timeout. Down 65-63. 4 seconds left...

We sub Snow in for Hodari...

Inbound to Andres.. he is double teamed.. he passes to Snow who is open for a look.. man running at him.. he shoots.. it's no good.

We lose 65-63.

Mulligan was the player of the game for Pitt. He had 19 points, 9 boards, 2 steals, and 2 blocks.

Jackett had 15 points 12 boards, 6 assists, 2 steals, and a block.

Snow led us with 21 points. He shot 8 of 11 and 4 of 6 from the arc. He was 1 of 2 from the line.

Andres had 17 points, 3 assists, 3 boards, 4 steals, and a block. He shot 8 of 18, 1 of 8, and 0 of 0. A great career comes to an end.

Everett had 3 points and 6 assists.

Godari had 6 points and 3 assists.

Santos had 8 points and 6 boards. He was 4 of 14.

Pait had 4 points, 12 boards, and 2 blocks.

Now, the heart of my team graduates as all 4 senior starters go and I have to decide if I should leave the school while my stock is at all time high, assuming I get offers.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote