View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 02:12 PM   #254
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Week 1 of Recruiting:

As expecting, Deshaun Simon signed with me on the first day of recruiting. He will give us a big body in the middle that we haven't had the last 2 years. Our staff also thinks he has the potential to become a skilled player.

We are still in the hunt for SG Donny Grove, but we are far behind #1 choice Michigan State. If we steal him, I'll be VERY happy I stayed here. This kid would be a superstar scorer in the MAAC.

We are Friedrich Collins first choice. He is a bit small for a SF, but I love his shooting touch on the tape.

At the end of week 1, Michigan State finally offers Grove a scholarship. He accepts immediately

Oh well. At least, Friedrich was very happy with his visit to the campus. He'll probably sign in the next week or so.

I decide to use Grove's scholarship slot to go after another big name, although one I haven't seen. Nate Graves is a star guard from California who is currently only considering UNLV and Florida but is reportedly unhappy with both. I decide to see if he I can persuade the 4 star SG who still doesn't have a scholarship offer from either school.

Week 2:

Friedrich Collins signs his LOI with us. He is 6'4 220 and is a great midrange shooter. He is a 3 star player who is ranked 340th overall and 64th among SF's. He is also very fast for a SF.

Week 3:

The battle for Graves is heating up which is bad news for us. Now, Kansas and Tulsa are interested. However, we are the only team to offer him a schoalarship so far and he has us moving up his list rapidly...

Week 4 of recruiting:

We are still the only team to offer Graves a scholarship. He is a 4 star player. He is a bit small at SG at 6'3 179, but he is a scorer on tape and he put 15 per game at the ABL. He also has high potential. He is ranked 58th overall in his class and 24th among SG's. We are now #1 on his list! KU is a close 2nd. I think if they don't offer him a scholarship by this week, we'll get him to sign this upcoming weekend....

Week 5 of recruiting:

We got Nate Graves!!! His ranking is about the same as Andres was! Hopefully, he can be a big time scorer for us. That is my first 4 star recruit

An overview of the class based on rankings before they get to school:

SG Nate Graves 4 stars, 6'3 179 from Apple Valley, CA. Ranked 58 overall, 24th among SG's. ABL Stats: 15ppg, 6.2 rpg, 4.4 apg, 2.6 spg, 1.2 bpg.

SF Friedrich Collins 3 stars, 6'4 219 from Toronto, Canda. Ranked 340 overall, 64th among SF's. Didn't play in the ABL.

SF Reyshawn Ortiz, 3 stars, 6'5 184 from Fort Wayne, Indiana. Ranked 367 overall and 73rd among SF's. 8.1ppg, 5.9 rpg in the ABL.

C Jerome Adams 3 stars, 6'9 228 from Brooklyn, NY. Ranked 404th overall, 21st among centers. 8.3 ppg, 6.3 rpg, and 1.5 bpg in the ABL. Will probably play PF for us.

C Deshaun Simon 2 stars, 7'0 277 from Winston-Salem, NC. Ranked 486th, 27th among centers. 8.0 ppg, 6.0 rpg, and 1.5 bpg in the ABL.

Not a bad rebuilding class

In the final week of recruiting, we'll start working on the local juniors for next year.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote