View Single Post
Old 03-29-2008, 04:56 PM   #271
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I decided to get another game in after all. It's time to stop trying to play M2M defense, as our defenders are too small. We'll switch it up to a few different zones and see how that goes.

Also, I'm installing a new offense as the motion offense isn't working well for this squad. We'll go with a more conventional attack down low and using the post to set things up for our guards.

The new defense is doing great so far. The 1-3-1 is forcing some turnovers, some bad shots, and we are capitalizing with easy transition baskets. More importantly, the traditional low post offense is working great as Collins is finding much more room to operate and so is Graves. Up 26-13 at the 10 minute mark.

Unfortunately, they quickly figure out the zone.. we go into halftime down 44-42.

Fuller, their center, is the player of the half. He has 11 points and 10 boards.

Graves has 16 points to lead our team.

At the 10 minute mark, we are down 59-55 and every starter but Simon needs rest.

After our starters leave, they go on a 14-0 run that continues even after we bring the starters back into the game.

We never can come back from the hole that creates. We lose the game 82-68.

Fuller, their massive center, was the player of the game with 22 points, 20 boards, 3 blocks, and a steal.

Graves led us with 27 points, 2 assists, 1 board, and 1 steal.

Everett had 5 points and 6 assists.

Snow had 16 points and 2 assists.

Collins had 6 points, 4 boards, 2 assists, and a block.

Simon had 7 points, 21 boards, 2 assists, and a block. Huge game for the big man.

Fairfield is better than us and we are playing at their place. They are 9-4. Despite that, we pull off the upset in a simmed game! 56-49 win. Everett led the team with 19 points and 4 assists. Graves had 5 points, 5 assists, 2 steals, and 2 blocks. Snow had 6 points and 7 boards. Simon had 8 points, 17 boards, and a block in the win.

Bad news on the recruiting front, Syracuse has offered Sylvester Myers, the 5 star guard from Toronto, a scholarship and he now lists them #1 on his list ahead of Niagara. I knew he was a LONG shot, but I was holding out hope...

Our next game is against 14-2 Siena which is a powerhouse team with the best overall rating in the conference, 84. We are at home, but I feel like we have little chance. I decide to sim it. We lose 68-59.

Snow led us with 22 points on 5 of 16 shooting. Graves had 6 points, 9 boards, 4 assists, 2 steals, and 2 blocks. Simon had 9 points, 8 boards, and 3 blocks.

Our next game is at home vs 9-7 Fairfield. I'll play that later tonight or tomorrow.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-29-2008 at 05:36 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote