View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 12:45 PM   #65
AnalBumCover
College Starter

In the three months since my last post in this thread, I have run a second 5K race, breaking previous PRs in all but one of the distance markers.

The current phase of my training is to build up my weekly mileage to 20. Originally my plan was to reach that goal by the end of the year. Looks like I may reach it about two months sooner than that, by the beginning of November. Right now I'm at 15 miles/week, with my long run at 5.5 miles.

I've got a couple of races in the pipeline, The 'Stache Dash 5K in November, and possibly a Renegade series 10K in December.

Once I reach my 20 mi/wk goal, I'll start my third phase of my training, the half marathon, with a target HM race in February. This race is part of a three-race series (Beach Cities Challenge), where if I complete the three races in succession, I will receive an additional completion medal.

I don't have any time goals for these races, except for maybe my 5K. I'm just looking to complete them and establish a time to beat for any future runs.

I've got a more ambitious goal, with may or may not be realized depending on my training, for the third leg of the Beach Cities Challenge in October 2014, is to run their Full Marathon. If that doesn't pan out, then I'll just run the Half, and still satisfy the challenge requirements.