Thread: I Am A Vampire
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2019, 03:53 AM   #6
Suicane75
Coordinator

WEEK 2

We were still projected to lose by a large amount (16), but our team total projection jumped from 95 in week 1 to 116 in week 2. FYI, I take very little stock in those numbers, I'm just presenting them to give you a sense of where we are and where the computers see us.

So what happened? Well, for the 2nd week in a row my opponent got a severely disappointing performance from his QB as Watson put up a mere 13 points Vs Jacksonville, meanwhile I rolled with Dak who torched Washington for 34 points. Another week where luck & strategy both hit as Wilson scored 30 points on his bench.

At RB, Cook (27) was exactly the stud I needed him to be but McCoy (4) disappointed. He got a combined 26 points from his Johnsons, David & Kerryon, but I'll take that slight win.

At WR I started Ross, and while he was mostly silent, a late long TD reception boosted his total to 19 points while Gallup added another 10. Hilton and Thielen were solid for my opponent, combining for 22 points, but again, my 2 undrafteds outscore his 2nd and 3rd round picks. I'll take it.

At TE, his Kittle outscored my Hooper 7-6, but that's a victory for me. I foolishly left Andrews and his 21 points on the bench, and it could have been a killer considering who I started in my flex spots over him.

Hands of stone Montcrief (0) & Hollywood Brown (13) were my flexes, and as I mentioned, leaving Andrews on the bench could have doomed me here. In fact, Hardman (14) also would have been a better start than either guy. He got 13 from Lockett and 12 from Michel to give him the flex edge.

My biggest failure this week was that Prater, who I dropped Vinatieri for, and the Cowboys D, who I was relying on, combined for a putrid 3 points. Meanwhile he got 9 from Zuerlein and 12 from the Jaguars to outscore me 21-3 in D/K. Again, this could have been a kller.

But it wasn't. I eeked out a 114-112 victory. I don't think I would have been dead in the water with a loss, but a victory actually had me thinking I could achieve more than just compete for a playoff spot. I felt like I could actually build a solid enough team to compete for a title. There was more work to be done for sure, but just a couple more wins could get me a roster that stood a chance against anyone.

Who to plunder this week? I gave serious thrift to all 3 of his big WR's, Thielen, Hilton & Lockett. But at the end of the day, David Johnson, a 3 down PPR back with what looked like a shaky Carolina defense at home on deck, just seemed like the best choice, especially since I was confident in Gallup, Andrews & Brown going into week 3. It would be my 2nd and last 1st round steal, which took Kamara, Elliott & Barkley off the table, but looking ahead was still foolish at this point. There was still work to do, and WR steals would be readily available, so I needed to focus on winning next week before anything else.

On we go!

Last edited by Suicane75 : 10-24-2019 at 04:55 AM.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote