View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 09:13 PM   #8
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
FWIW, "Eerste Klasse" today is actually the 6th highest level. Yes, the naming is even more complicated than the English top three levels. For reference:
Eredivisie (Division of Honour)
Eerste Divisie (First Division)
Tweede Divisie (Second Division)
Derde Divisie (Third Division)
Hoofdklasse (Head Class)
Eerste Klasse (First Class)

But back in "FM16" times, it was:
Eredivisie
Eerste Divisie
Topklasse
Hoofdklasse
Eerste Klasse

Good to know, thanks! It is indeed 5 here, though the second division is Jupiler (sp) - presumably the sponsoring company?

Quote:
Let the trolling - I mean support and encouragement - commence! Interesting title.

As long as I don't do anything stupid like switch jobs voluntarily, we should be good. :P

@ ARC (4th)
G: Bartek Pakiela
D: Brian-Paul Tesselaar/Robin Hoekstra/Sefa Kurt/Arjan Netjes
MC: Pascal Hettinga/Jeoren Folkers
AMLR: Achmed Ahahaoui/Hedzer Prins
ST: Rico Leocadio/Joreilly Chirino

Our Bosnian star and team captain are both out on yellows today, but the Moroccan ageless wonder returns to the lineup after injury.

49 - We switch to a 4-2-1-3 Narrow, with Van der Linden in at DR, Oostenrijk on as AMC, and Prins switching to a Defensive Forward in the middle, Ahahaoui heading to the bench.

Tough, but understandable draw. We were actually underdogs in this one.

Youth Intake
Because we have no U18 squad, everyone is auto-signed. They all suck except for Leo van Meulen, who can play all along the left side and might have a viable future as a rotational piece. We'll try him out as a sub anyway due to versatility.

vs FC Breukelen (1st)
G: Bartek Pakiela
D: Tom van der Linden/Robin Hoekstra/Sefa Kurt/Arjan Netjes
MC: Max Oostenrijk/Amar Sedjic
AMLR: Achmed Ahahaoui/Hedzer Prins
ST: Rico Leocadio/Joreilly Chirino

If we want even faint hope of somehow sneaking the title, we have to win here and do it without team captain Derk Schrut who is out a month and a half with training injury.

12 - They beat a triple team and a double team. That's how good they are. 0-1

26 - Prins hugs the right sideline and sends it to Sedjic just in the box. Somehow he threads the needle in getting it to Chirino. Our Curacao man was denied by the post first go round, but he converts the slow rolling equalizer in the driving rain this time. 1-1

van Oosterom takes over for Kurt at one of the DC spots at half. Kurt gave up a goal and has been getting hammered repeatedly today.

51 - Van der Linden throws in to Ahahaoui and accepts the return. Gorgeous cross connects with flying Chirino for his second goal and we go ahead!!! 2-1

57 - De Boer subs in for Oostenrijk. As great as he's been shooting, Chirino has been ghastly at passing in this downpour.

67 - Gut says to give van der Meulen his debut in our biggest game of the year at AML. No pressure, kid!

82 - God damn corner defense. 2-2

86 - ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!?! NETJES JUST PASSED LAZILY LIKE HE HAD MONEY AGAINST US AND WE FUCKING BLOW A FUCKING 2-1 LEAD IN ALL OF 5 MINUTES!!! 2-3

I ream Netjes for ruining our 9 game unbeaten streak and his sloppy ass passes.

That asshole's response?

"I'm a defender, not a midfielder."

Then when I told him he was still shit at his performance last game, he just shrugged. If he wasn't so obviously our best right back, I'd cut his ass right now.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote