View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 01:30 PM   #27
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
I thought I read that they learned from that and dropped the world leveling thing for Skyrim. Please tell me I actually read that somewhere and they aren't doing that again.

Developer quote from April 2011
“The levelling system is very much like Fallout 3. There were definitely moments in Oblivion were it was a rollercoaster of pain because the world levelled faster than you.”

Community manager quote from August 2011
n Elder Scrolls V, enemies will scale with your character as you progress throughout the game. A community manager from Bethesda recently touched on the subject to members over at the Elder Scrolls V forum:

“Since people are asking, wanted to briefly touch on level scaling. All our games have had some amount of randomness/leveling based on player level. Skyrim’s is similar to Fallout 3’s, not Oblivion’s,”

Based on those quotes (and my own experience with F3) they've changed the way it works but in the opposite direction of what you wanted. I agree with the first quote, there were times in Oblivion where the level tiers left you at a big disadvantage (which is why I consciously slowplayed / slow leveled) whereas with Fallout 3 combat was rarely a challenge once you managed to get past the initial no gear/no caps stage.