View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014, 09:24 AM   #69
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Looking back at the Top 100 recruits list from the past for college basketball, it's pretty rare over the years for a dude who wasn't ranked in the Top 50 and really in the Top 15 or so, to end up as a real player in the NBA. There are some exceptions, but it's super rare.

What I'd like to do going forward, is use the high school dynasty to mine for those guys who might end up being those guys. We'll still follow our NBA guys as they get there and we'll revisit guys throughout their careers, because we can show them from high school and then how they've done in the pros (with college attached) and show their entire career, basically which could be fun.

But for the next decade or so, I want to see how many of these lower-ranked guys who went acclaimed can end up being real pros. I'll probably entertain myself with a real top prospect or two every 4-7 years too because we haven't seen an elite guy come out of our league yet but those guys are once in a generation anyway. I'd like to see one though and see how he does, where he goes to college and so forth.

I might eliminate the three and done rule for our league too, so guys are leaving at different times too starting this year we'll go back to a one and done rule so guys get a year of college and then see where they end up after that.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote