View Single Post
Old 03-05-2020, 10:48 AM   #1
AnalBumCover
College Starter

What Are You Reading? 2020 Edition

It seems the reading threads are a biennial occurrence here. So I thought why the heck not create one for 2020.

Full disclosure: I am not a reader. I've hated reading since I was a kid. Unless the context is compelling, I cannot maintain attention for a half a page before my thoughts start to drift off. It would take me months, even years, to finish a book... if I ever DO finish a book.

But my daughter loves to read. So this year, I made it a point to sit with her during her 30-minute daily reading with books of my own. I gave myself a GoodReads challenge of a modest, and very doable, 10 books. So going into March, I'm right on pace with two books completed.

Dooku: Jedi Lost by Cavan Scott - More of an audio drama, than an audio book. But I'm counting it. This is the backstory of Count Dooku we never asked for, but are glad we got.

Homeland (The Dark Elf Trilogy #1) by R.A. Salvatore - I found the three book series in excellent condition at a used book store, so I decided to buy them. Way behind the times, but I'm glad I finally got into this series.

Currently reading:
A Clash of Kings (ASOIAF#2) - George R.R. Martin (about 3/4 through)
The Drawing of the Three (Dark Tower #2) - Stephen King (about 1/3 through)

Want to read:
The other two Dark Elf books
The Greatest Game Ever Played - Mark Frost
The Pillars of the Earth (Kingsbridge #1) - Ken Follett
House of Leaves - Mark Z. Danielewski (I started this a long time ago, and been meaning to pick it back up)

AnalBumCover is offline   Reply With Quote