View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 05:51 PM   #726
Radii
Head Coach

Two games in a row now Damion Alloway has led the team in scoring. And I have a distinct feel from the last few games that Alloway is better driving to the hoop than anyone on the team, both at getting around his man and at finishing inside. Moye gets his shots blocked a LOT when he drives. If he gets a clear lane to the basket, great, but if he has to contend with a defender, he's screwed. Alloway seems to score more often than not. Moye is rated higher in every single relevant category (close/layup/off the dribble/in traffic/clutch/vert/hustle/offensive awareness) *except* for one (strength). Alloway is significantly stronger, which might be hurting Moye inside.

Its also just been two games where I've *really* noticed it so it might be an anomaly.

Right now there is simply no room in the starting lineup for Alloway. Forte is effective driving when I try to do it at PG(and is a better passer and a good steals guy), Moye is too good an all around scorer, and Ozier is my only true SF.

Anyways... all I'm going to change for now is that I plan to be a lot more willing to bring Alloway in as a true 6th man if my offense is struggling to try to give them a lift. This would be a break from the full team subs that I usually do and manage the best.

Last edited by Radii : 04-27-2009 at 05:52 PM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote