View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 06:07 PM   #737
Radii
Head Coach

I mentioned last year when I played NC State that I thought they'd likely be one of the most talented teams in the nation this year. They started 5 very good underclassmen, and all came back. They have a roster strength of 94 OVR right now, #4 in the nation and are 24-4. Boston College is really good as well but I think the Wolfpack are likely the most talented team in the nation.

Speaking of ratings, Ohio now carries an overall roster strength of 89. They had a great recruiting class last year and are starting a 77 rated freshman at PF. McCully and Jimenez, the two star guards i had recruited before I left, are both better than anyone on my team. McCully is 85 OVR/Jimenenz 84 OVR. They're 20-3, 11-1 in the MAC, and ranked #25 in the media poll, hopefully a lock for the NCAA Tournament.

Anyway... before the Ohio sidestep, the reason I was mentioning NC State is that I have no intention of playing them, even at home, this season with this team:

Feb 19, 2020

NC State 75
at Florida State 58

Locklier 15, Moye 13.

Next up a road contest that we sim:

Feb 23, 2020

at Georgia Tech 82
Florida State 76

Moye with 19, Locklier 12, Sneed 11.

After these two games I notice that we finally have gained a point in overall roster strength, and are rated 86 OVR. Development has been slow in coming this year. No one on the roster has gained 2 points to their overall ratings, and Sneed(78/C potential) and Barrett(78/C+ potential) have still yet to gain a point to their overall rating.

Ozier just improved to 79 OVR this week.

One final note that I'd been meaning to bring up in the UNC and Duke games but kept forgetting... I had basically ignored/forgotten that Sneed, my PF, can shoot the mid-range jump shot. I havent had a big man capable of stepping out at all before. Sneed is rated 76 (A-) from mid-range, and with boosts in game is usually at 79. In the last few games i have taken a number of open 15 foot jumpers with him, shots I normally pass up for a big man. I've tried a couple a little further out, 18-20 feet probably and he hasn't hit from there yet, but from 10-18 feet he has a nice little stroke, and it has definitely helped him get into double figures a bit more reliably lately.

Last edited by Radii : 04-28-2009 at 06:09 PM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote