View Single Post
Old 03-24-2016, 01:14 AM   #164
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Now I want to do an honest assessment of my team.

DC I am very happy with Diallo and Ouattara last year. Both did well. This is the first year to start for Ouattara, and 20 year old Ivorian has impressed me. Meanwhile Diallo has continued to grow, ever since we bought the guy for 400k 3 years ago from Valencia. I bet they wish they hadn’t sold him! 22 years old, both still have some development ahead, according to our coaches. The only major issue I have is that both are African, so there are times when both got called up for things like the African Cup of Naions.

Now I don’t like Ntsume yet as a quality backup, and Ingason proved not-great. I may look to bring in one DC that can sub and get some games.

DR Roberto Ragazzi had a great year for us. He’s already in a good place for us. Media calls him a wonderkid. Our coaches love him. I am set here….

DL – Junca disappointed later, and Milic is nothing more than a sub. I need a good DL next year.

Mid:

DMC – Osmar was great, and we have an issue. Leicester is interested in a transfer. His min release is 8.25 and I’m nto sure they’ll make that. I might be interested in it – he’s 30 and will be 31 next month. He’s not getting any younger. I am bringing in a major youth player too at the DMC spot off a Bosman free, so he is a bit expendible, but he’s my captain, and he’s good. I could keep the guy

MC Sayed – He’s great, and his value increased considerably. There are some clubs sniffing around his panties. If I want to lock him in, I could offer him a new deal and raise that min fee release clause. Dude is 23 and has a lot to offer. He’s pretty good. My coaches love him too.

I love Yoon Jae-Hwan. He’s locked in. Lanzini was great pickup, and is one of my most valuable players (by money) these days. He’s 26, at the top of his game, and had a strong year. He’s not going anywhere either. Oliver was fine. He got a lot of games, played well, and looked better. I also liked Ndi as a sub, and Ibrahim has a bright future. I’m very happy with my midfield this year, and doubt I’ll be looking to move anyone

St:

Bamford was suitably solid, and I’m not moving him. Van Persie is old, and was a temp to bring in, and give the team some needed gravitas. Other than Osmar at 30, all of the starting group were younger (and GK at 28) . He’s almost 36, and he’s skills atrophied a bit. I could resign him, but that’s not a goal of mine right now.

I’m looking at moving Morales. For a few reasons. Firstly, after seeing how good he has been in training, and he’s gotten better, ST Dong-Hyuk is looking very good.

Dong-Hyuk vs Morales:

Morales is better at…+1 balance, +1agility; set pieces; +2 first touch, +1 long shots, +5 marking, +1 passing, +1 technique, +1 concentration, +1 decisions,+1 leadership, +2 psition, 3 vision

Dong-Hyuk is better at…+1 jump, +2 pace, +4 stamina; +4 dribbiling, +2 head, +2 cross, +6 aggression, +3 anticipation, +2 brave, +8 composure, +3 work rate, +3 flair,

So results – Morales is better at set pieces, and some technical skills. Morales is a bit faster, a lot smarter, and still growing. Morales peaked, and lost a little if you’ll recall. There were a lot of games where he wasn;t doing anything out there.

So by transferring Wilson Morales, ,I can move Dong-Hyuk to my 3rd spot. I also want to pick up a studly 2nd Striker.

Now it’s the time for targeted transferring. I want to bring in a better DR and ST.

I may move Ingason. Napali are interested in him.

About 6 clubs are interested in Bamford

Value of my peops:

Lanzini 11.5 mill
Sayed 11.5 mill
Jae-Hwan 8.75 mill
Bamford – 4.3 mill
Oliver – 3.6 mill
Morales 2.6
Osmar 2.5
Dong-Hyuk – 2.5
Diallo 1.9
Ndi 1.7
Seung-Gyu 1.6
Junca 1.6
Ouattara 1.2
Ingason 1.1
Ragazzi 1
Milic 725k
GK Villar – 675k
Ibrahim 575k

We get the initial budget for next year – a lot of payroll, not as much transfer, but we’re pretty good on cash. But I get 10 mill if I cut my budget harshly.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote