View Single Post
Old 03-26-2016, 02:54 PM   #189
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

CUP vs Elche – Alright Mputu, let’s see what you’ve got! Starting today is Oliver at MR, and Jae-Hwan at MC. Keep your run going! We start counter as we are on the road. Oliver drives, crosses to Lanzini who sets up Dong-Hyuk, score in the 41st. Half time. All quiet. Keept it up! We had 14 shots but just 5 on target, to their 3 and 0. Oliver finds Lanzini in the 47th for another score. Ortega and Cecchi head in. Osmar scores in the 83rd. Lanzini’s tired, Cook spells him. We win 3-0, and MOM s Oliver. Very well done!

Mputu was 7.5 rated in his first game for us in the Cup.

It’s been 333 minutes since GK Burki allowed a goal

Alright it’s time….

Goodbye Ahmed Sayed.

After some of the immediate money is funneled elsewhere, I have 29 mill in transfer cash

Now I need to find someone or some folks to replace my peops.

I have the money, and there’s no need to shy away from the good stuff.

There is a Sayed-ish guy in Brazil (I searched the world for people like Sayed, and just two others showed up with the set piece talents – one is worth way too much money for Real Madrid). Ricardo, Brazilian, just turned 20 years old. I scout him to see if we could do a deal with Gremio . He’s not interested right now. I do like him a lot, and add him to my shortlist, in case things change in the off-season.

Junca signs with Elche at the end of the year

Is there anyone out there I can spend this money on right now?

My midfield can probably take an Ahmad-less hit fine. It’s the deepest part of my roster by far.

Next year we’ll have just three ST Dong-Hyuk, Mance, and perhaps Ortega getting better. Could I bring in another ST to play a strong role as an occasional sub for me now? I have signed players, and then groomed them into starters later later.

Or could my new signee, ST Mwasika play that role? He needs some developing, but eventually, I could see him there. Van Persie agrees to tutor him.

I keep scouting and scouting, but I’m not seeing an option that wants to sign for us at ST or an obvious MC.

The best Italian GK is a young stud who keeps for Udinese. I did a search for “Realistic” transfers, and he shows up. I send in a scout. He’s 23 and a total stud. Not sure why he’s on my list, but let’s see.

Alright, I have an idea. Make an offer to bring in the stud young German GK I’ve loved fo a while and finish up this year rotating and giving him starts, and then moving Burki in the offseason

Mance learns how to beat the offside trap

I scout up a bunch more midfielders

After scouting, GK Scuffet would be interested in joining our team. We think he’s one of the nest in the world. But, Udinese would likely require 25-35 mill to unhinge him. I can’t dedicate all of my transfer hopes on him. For example, in 17 starts in the Italian top league, 20 goals allowed, 7 clean sheets, and 6.91 rating vs our Burki with 18 starts, 24 goals allowed, 9 shutouts, and 6.94 rating. But still, I feel this is an area we need to improve on. Always be improving. And Burki is fine, but there are better out there. Altdorf is my target moving forward. I want to bring in a studly but developable player somewhere else . MC, ST, whatever. Right now, at misfield, I have Osmar, Cook, Jae-Hwan, Oliver, Lanzini and Ibrahim as my obvious choices for 4 spots. At the end of the year, Osmar is leaving, and we bringing in another That’s 6 players of quality for four spots. We could use another.

Away v the #1 team Real Madrid – Diallo is suspended, I moved Ouattara over, and both Cecchi and Nagatomo are in. Pick up where you left off! Defensively! Last year we stole a 1-0 win here. I’m not sure that’s happening again. We have a handful of chances in the first 20. Nothing serious comes if it. Cecchi with a yellow later. Ouattara as well. At the half we have 9 shots, 3 on target, they 14 and 7. You can win tonight! Nagatomo with a yellow. I sub in Morales. Ibrahim next. Our foes are getting booked now late, getting angry, punchy or told to go hard, I’m not sure. Oliver booked. Junca heads in for Cecchi. Everybody is scrambling hard late to get a goal. Real Madrid 24 shots, 12 on target, no scores. We tie 0-0.

That’s a strong result, and one I’ll take happily.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote