View Single Post
Old 03-26-2016, 11:25 PM   #193
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Now, there are a few issues I want to unearth.

First, what happened with GK Altdorf?

Dortmund have an unbelievable amount of GK talent. N Their starting GK is a Polish guy, just stopped being a wonderkid and is almost fully developed, and mega-hot and spicy. At 22, we think he’s one of the best GKs in the world. The next GK they have on their roster is a grizzled veteran on a squad rotation. He’s 32 and pretty battle hardened. Then you have Altdorf, who would be starting for most teams already at 18, and has a ton of upside as well. We love him, and we was willing to come to us to get some playing time and out from underneath the Dortmund’s GK Shadow. I mean, when one GK is a key player and the oter rotation, it’ll be hard to crack that lineup

I mentioned earlier that there was this studly, already very developed German GK on my radar. And we just signed him. We’ll take a look in a moment, but I want to loan him out today, the last day of the window, to give him some first team development.

Meanwhile, what about Allan Luiz? I don’t normally like to sign players who won’t come to my team for a while. I spent 4.5 mill to secure him 2 years down the road, and no one is sure what he’ll look like then. It could be a great deal, a poor one, or a normal one. But with the extra transfer cash and no obvious targets that fit my usual parabola of interest it just made sense to me.

I still have MC Velez to figure out.

I have a three hour window left for transfers after that game. This is my last chance to bring in some talent now. I have money. After those pickups, I have 9 mill and some change. I have the money. Normally I’d use cash like that to target one major up and coming star, but my team doesn’t really need it. I have Mance and Dong-Hyuk, Jae-Hwan and Cook, Ouattara, Mputu, Althof, Cecchi and to lesser degrees Ibrahim and perhaps Mwasika. Now load in top young guys like Diallo along with older developed stars such as Lanzini and Oliver and a few old stars such as Osmar, Nagatomo or Burki. That’s a load of talent. And we get that.

But I can afford it.

How about a wonderkid on the side? Maybe ML? Nah I want to keep building up Ibrahim, he’s taken major strides ever since his arrival. He’s not a wonderkid, but he’s good.

Osmar is playing so well, and he fits in so well, I offer him a one year extension. He was the gy who came to me and pushed us up in January a while ago.

No one wants to loan Althof.

I make an offer to 18 year old Spanish Javier Garcia. I agree to 3.1 mill and they loan him back for the rest of the season. This is a strong Spanish rising star in defense. I don’t need to worry about him ow, and he can be my rotational guy later, much like Ouattara was for us

He deson’t like his club that much and withdraws from an option since he doesn’t want to get loaned back. I withdraw and make a new offer to Nastic. Our new offer is 2.3 mill

Javier Garcia joins us

18 years old, Javier Garcia, singed four 4 years, 8.75k/week hot prospect deal, 1.7 mill value. D RLC and Sweeper too. The best way to describe him is to look at the report – determined, fits in, brae, versatile, resolute, team player,very well suited to liga, and counts as a Spain trained youth for continetnial play. I would sum him as very good mentally, some technical growth needed, adequate physical

Physical – 12/13 speed, 15 str, 14 balance, jump, 13 stam, 12 agility, 9 fitness

Mental – 18 brave, 17 work rate, 15 position, teamwork, 15 determ, antip, 14 concentration, 13 decisions, composure, 12 aggrssk 10 leader

Tech – 15 tackling, 14 passing, 13 head, mark, technique, 9 cross, 8 dribb, 9 first touch

So he’s fine in many places. But he needs to grow too.

Welcome to the club Javier Garcia. I’m going to slide him in as a Nwakali spot, since Nwakali hasn’t been that great for me.

I cancel the transfer of Velez

End of January -

Good training? Osmar, Cecchi, and Ibrahim

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote