Thread: 2020 MLB thread
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2020, 09:24 AM   #135
miami_fan
Coordinator

What would be the basis for MLB punishing the Astro players without the information they got from giving the players immunity? Mike Fiers' word? Compelling Ken Rosenthal to give up his sources? It seems to me that without the immunity, MLB is in the same exact spot they were before Fiers spoke on the record. A great number of rumors and no real concrete evidence to act on. If Manfred could have gotten the details of the cheating without talking to the Astro players, I suspect he would have done it before The Athletic expose it. It seems like the rumors have been out there in baseball circles for at least three years now.

I don't think the union want any part of finding a punishment that fits if they can just go with no punishment at all. If rumors are to be believed, the Astros are not the only ones that have entered cheating territory. They were the ones who went the furthest and was the most indignant about it. Sometimes the crooks are one step ahead of the law
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946

Last edited by miami_fan : 02-19-2020 at 10:35 AM.
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote